attending angels unaware

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by vickie2133, May 16, 2009.

1. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    Ok The title may not make sense right away, but there has been a stray cat appeared at my house this week, very pretty too. I of course have been putting a little feed out for it when I feed my other pets. I hate the thoughts of anything going hungry. So I feed it.

Now this morning a black and white beagle mix showed up. My first thought is another stray, the economy is forcing people to get rid of their pets and it appears this is a drop off place of choice. I noticed it had a coller and was friendly, but hanging around my coops. I went out and caught the dog, put it in a empty lot, and noticed a id on the collar. I went in and called the number and come to find out the dog was hunting and waundering away from the hunters. They also said they knew me and about two years ago I had one of their kids in girl scouts. The little girl had been upset at her daddy for losing her dog. (who was named skunky, because he had a stripe down his back LOL). The little girls daddy had been out half the morning looking for this dog, so his little girl would be happy. I went and gave it some food since it had been out all night, and waited for the owner to come after him. They asked me what the charge was for catching him, and I said nothing, never know when it might be one of my pets.

2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Awww good for you. You are an angel to many!

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    yay for happy endings!!!

4. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    I agree, some little girl is smiling at her daddy for bringing skunky home safe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by