Attention Cynthia..I'm very excited..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sara, Jan 22, 2008.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Just wanted to let you know today is day 6 for the eggs I got from you. I wanted to try out the new slide projector so I checked just 4 of the eggs. All 4 are developing. I checked the 3 ameraucanas and the buff orp/BR fertility test. I saw nice veins in all. I didn't check any of the blue orps, I might do them tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know. [​IMG] Now I just need to feel better so I can go get some more eggs from Jody. [​IMG]

2. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Congratulations, Sara! Sounds like you're going to have a great hatch!!!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sara, that's wonderful! You mean the BR/Buff Orp is growing? Wow, that's awesome! First time ever that Ginger's egg has shown fertile. COOL! Thanks so much for testing that egg for me. Ginger is a great layer and as you can see, lays big eggs. Hope that one is a pullet!

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Yes it is definately growing. I put it up to the light kind of expecting it to be clear since you said that you didn't know that it would be fertile. I was pleased to see veins. Hopefully it hatches, I'm anxious to see what it will look like. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

Here's something interesting: my other Buff Orp, Sunny, whose eggs have also failed to be fertile, are now showing bullseyes! Since keeping Hawkeye away from the girls during the night and part of the day, he seems to be giving creedence to the saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder", LOL. I'm really pleased right now-ZuniBee candled and out of 21 eggs I sent, 19 are growing at Day 11, one had a blood ring so it was fertile and only one was clear!

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

That's great 19 out of 21. Like I said I'll check the orps maybe tomorrow and let you know on them. I'm pleased so far with 4 out of 4. I was worried since the PO had left them outside, but they must be strong little babies! Now, I just have a long wait until day 21! [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

Hope the Orps dont disappoint you. Even on occasion, I get a clear from one or the other of the girls when I incubate them at home. It's like one might get skipped on the fertility assembly line. The Ameraucanas seem to be pretty tough little things, though!

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Oh don't worry, I wont be dissapointed. The ameraucanas are what I really want, so anything else is icing on the cake. [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

I thought so! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by