Attention Sourland! What can I do????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Sep 13, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Please let me know asap what I can do to make you mad at me. Thanks [​IMG]

Yes, I have a broody problem. As in, she just broke and I had to bring all her eggs in to the bator. [​IMG] She (or really any of my hens, I'm not picky) needs to go broody again, as quickly as possible.

So what's it gonna take, huh? [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sorry, Gritty, the Broody GPS is seasonal like most broodies, but I will give it my best shot.

[​IMG] sing a little song [​IMG] 'n' do a little dance [​IMG] walla [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ranchy will provide gender control. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Let's hope not. My poor polish roo was just getting over his case of nerves and trying to take control of his flock. Don't need another roo around here at present.

4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Somebody call me? [​IMG]

6. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Oh dear Gritty.... You've really done it to yourself this time, haven't you?

I forsee 1/2 dozen roos in your immediate future [​IMG]

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Gritty - I only sent pullet eggs...

BTW - if any hatch out of the brown eggs with the barring dot on their head then they are male pullets [​IMG]

Later today I should give you my phone number and we can put Jethro on the phone with my Sylver and she can give her a talking to about not giving up. Sylver has been broody nearly the entire summer because I wouldn't let her hatch. She now has eggs under her. It was only two but she somehow snuck 3 more under her in the last couple of days. I will have to finish those out since they are like 2 weeks behind.

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Go back to sleep. [​IMG]

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Love it! [​IMG]

Yep, brought all the eggs in the house and stuck em in the bator. They all look good of course. If Jethro hadn't given up they would all look bad. [​IMG]

She has 18 days to get back to it or I'm in big trouble. [​IMG]

You should hear the pep talks I give these hens when no one is listening..... Look! LOOK! See that pretty nest of eggs? Wouldn't you just love to sit on them?!?! There's some good scratch in it for ya. [​IMG]

10. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Swap chickens with me? Please? The idiot Marans and LF Cochins are stupid broody. And DH can't remove chickens from a nest or steal eggs. I expect to see little chicks running about by the time I get out of here.

DH took the phone out to the hens at least so I could lecture them on producing males, so I could at least make DINNER out of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by