ATTENTION TURKEN LOVERS!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by shadow rabbit10, Mar 22, 2012.

1. shadow rabbit10

shadow rabbit10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    EVeryone knows that not all hatcheries sell Turkens and can sometimes be hard to get them in small quantities, but a couple days ago, I emailed My Pet Chicken, asking them if they could sell Turkens in the upcoming hatching season. When they replied, they said they would share my request! So, I just thought that I should tell everyone that Turkens may be a possibility from MPC next year, if you're a fan of that hatchery.[​IMG]

2. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Didn't MPC have Turkens last year? I doubt they will bring them back cause they prob didnt sell as many turkens as they wanted to.. Idk why, but Turkens are my favorite breed and people are missing out.

But you should talk to Meyer Hatchery they sell chicks to MPC and they got rid of turkens also, but then again Meyer is horrible.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  3. shadow rabbit10

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    I don't know if they had them last year. In the email, they didnt say they did. Oh, and is Meyer as bad as everyone says?

4. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Well I got a order from Meyer last mid October about 28 chicks, they seemed healthy at first but there were many small runts that died within the first week. Lost almost half since then and the ones that are alive now there're not growing as expected and are tiny for there age, I have been using turkey grower pellets now to speed up the process and make them grow.. Idk if I bought them wrong timing or what but I'm not ordering from them again.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  5. shadow rabbit10

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    I'll definitely think about that when I order chicks. I'll probably get them from MPC.

6. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Cackle Hatchery still carries the Turken Naked Neck.

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

McMurray carries them, and I've heard a lot of good things about them in the way of service and health. My chicks are from parent stock, and they are very healthy/thriving well.

8. PsychedChicken

PsychedChicken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2012
    I got my turkens from McMurray and absolutely love them.... I even have two Turken Roos that never fight and share the ladies. LOVE these birds. My Roo's will also let you pick them up and pet them. McMurray is great. Ive ordered from them lots of times and never had a problem. I've lost 2-3 chicks within a day of ordering them, and if you call and tell them about it they will refund your money,

9. shadow rabbit10

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    I just can't have 25 chickens or whatever the rediculous number is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by