1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Attention west tennessee

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by timbofarms, Sep 17, 2008.

1. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    I love going to meet new poultry keepers at swap meets but rarely ever have the chance to find any in central west tn. So with this said, would any of ya'll be interested in having one and know where we could put one together.
    Would there be anyone inerested and whats ya'lls thoughts?

2. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    [​IMG] We need to have one....I can't find any either!
    I think we should do it near Land Between the Lakes on the border of KY/TN and call it the Kentuck-essee Kluck Fest! (sorry that just came to me all of a sudden!)
    I don't care where we have it, but we need to plan one. I would be willing to help with it.

Anyone else? [​IMG]

~Rebecca

3. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    That does sound interesting. I have no experience,but would love to attend. What would be the center of W.Tn? Somewhere around Milan,maybe? They have a big Ag Center and I think that is where they have the NO Till conventions. I wonder if they would sponsor a poultry show?

4. CatCobb1983

CatCobb1983 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Gates,TN
    Hmmmmm,
    That sound good to me.Ya'll need any help?Just let me now I have family in milan that can find out.

Cat [​IMG]

5. linebacker

linebacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2007
    North West Tennessee
    I'd love to meet everyone. I don't know the first thing about poultry shows, but I would help in any way you need me.

Brad

6. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Would everyone be in agreement to have CatCobb check on the Milan Center? I'm thinking that should be within an hour or so drive for anyone in W. Tn and even some in Kentucky.

7. linebacker

linebacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2007
    North West Tennessee
    Quote:Works for me.

8. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Sounds great, they are also having a pretty cool event there on Oct 18.

Fall Folklore Jamboree
    On Saturday, October 18, more than 100 traditional folk artists, musicians and demonstrators will cover the grounds of the West Tennessee Agricultural Museum for the 2008 Fall Folklore Jamboree. The artisans will demonstrate skills in traditional crafts such as broom and soap making, quilting, and doll making. Local bluegrass and gospel groups will fill the air with music throughout the day, and demonstrations of chuckwagon cooking, as well as molasses, apple cider and kettlecorn making will tempt visitorsÂ’ taste buds. The Fall Folklore Jamboree begins at 9:00 a.m.

Here is the flyer for it...

http://taes.utk.edu/upload/RECMLN/2008FFJFlyerinpowerpoint.jpg

[​IMG]

This would be a good preview of the location. I am going to be there. I love that stuff and I am just about 7 miles down the road from there.

~Rebecca

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  9. Shannonwbl

Shannonwbl Chillin' With My Peeps

Poultry swap. Don't know anything about it but it sounds interesting. Keep me posted.

10. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    would milan be a problem for anyone? Would this festival be to soon? Would anyone be about to pull any strings to get us in it? I could call and get info if everyone is interested and agrees this location is ok. I understand fuel and economy is stressed right now so i want to make it workable for as many as possible.
    Thanks for replies
    Timothy:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by