Attila The Hen passed away.....So sad :(

1livelychick

Songster
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
Well, my sweet, all knowing, Attila the Hen Passed away sometime in the night. I just buried her. She was the Mother Hen to the flock and came down with an infection in her leg joint over a week ago. I followed everything the vet said to do and her wound appeared to being healing just fine. She was about 7 y.o.

I knew before I even approached the Chicken Hospital that she was gone. She always made her morning noises when she heard me coming. She will be missed.
Thanks for listening.

terrilhb

Songster
9 Years
Dec 11, 2010
Georgia
I am so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful life she must have had to live that long. Sending lot's of hugs.

1livelychick

Songster
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
Thanks, so much! Tears are just rolling as I type this. I know she was a chicken but was she ever a GREAT chicken. Her eyes always had the most knowing and gentle expression. SHe was a big girl , too, she was 10 lbs before she sustained this infection. I had nursed her back to health two years ago from a Jack Russell, attack. Her buddies, Frank the rooster and Dolly are the only one left from the origanal group that was attacked. Yes. I will miss her dearly. Thanks again.

terrilhb

Songster
9 Years
Dec 11, 2010
Georgia
Of course you are crying. You lost a friend. I know people that laugh when I cry about something happening to any of my animals. But I don't care. We take care of them, feed, water, clean up after them, protect them and love them. They are part of your family. I am so sorry again.

Chicka-boom Chicka-boom

Chirping
9 Years
May 14, 2011
So sorry to hear of your hen dying
7 years is a long time to grow attached to a pet

I love the name, Attila the Hen
We just got four young pullets on Sunday - so its been less than one week. I can see how the attachment forms quickly though, they are such sweet critters!

1livelychick

Songster
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
Quote:Thanks again...Attila the Hen was a rescue.....her first owner lost her job, her home, her pets...it was a bad time for her. I've had Attlia for two years. Still a long time and so enjoyed her. Attila was featured in a childrens book, the Bed and Bisket Gang....She was nothing like her character but none the less it's a sweet storey and she left a legacy from the book.
You all are so great! God bless each and everyone of you!

Top Bottom