Attila The Hen passed away.....So sad :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 1livelychick, May 25, 2011.

1. 1livelychick

1livelychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Well, my sweet, all knowing, Attila the Hen Passed away sometime in the night. I just buried her. She was the Mother Hen to the flock and came down with an infection in her leg joint over a week ago. I followed everything the vet said to do and her wound appeared to being healing just fine. She was about 7 y.o. [​IMG]
    I knew before I even approached the Chicken Hospital that she was gone. She always made her morning noises when she heard me coming. She will be missed.[​IMG] Thanks for listening.

2. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I am so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful life she must have had to live that long. Sending lot's of hugs. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    What a shame. So sorry for your loss. She lived a good, long life.

4. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    so sorry, always stinks to lose a friend

5. 1livelychick

Feb 22, 2010
    Thanks, so much! Tears are just rolling as I type this. I know she was a chicken but was she ever a GREAT chicken. Her eyes always had the most knowing and gentle expression. SHe was a big girl , too, she was 10 lbs before she sustained this infection. I had nursed her back to health two years ago from a Jack Russell, attack. Her buddies, Frank the rooster and Dolly are the only one left from the origanal group that was attacked. Yes. I will miss her dearly. Thanks again.

6. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Of course you are crying. You lost a friend. I know people that laugh when I cry about something happening to any of my animals. But I don't care. We take care of them, feed, water, clean up after them, protect them and love them. They are part of your family. I am so sorry again.

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Sorry for your loss.

8. 6chick*start

6chick*start Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    NE OKlahoma
    Ohhh ... ((((1livelychick))))

9. Chicka-boom Chicka-boom

Chicka-boom Chicka-boom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    So sorry to hear of your hen dying [​IMG] 7 years is a long time to grow attached to a pet [​IMG]
    I love the name, Attila the Hen [​IMG] We just got four young pullets on Sunday - so its been less than one week. I can see how the attachment forms quickly though, they are such sweet critters!

10. 1livelychick

Feb 22, 2010
    Quote:Thanks again...Attila the Hen was a rescue.....her first owner lost her job, her home, her pets...it was a bad time for her. I've had Attlia for two years. Still a long time and so enjoyed her. Attila was featured in a childrens book, the Bed and Bisket Gang....She was nothing like her character but none the less it's a sweet storey and she left a legacy from the book.
    You all are so great! God bless each and everyone of you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by