1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Attn BamaChicken...pictures added

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Katy, May 28, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Hey Julie....I've got 5 RIRs out and a couple more working on it. 1 silkie is also out and a mystery egg has a pip. It's a little bigger than the silkie eggs, but smaller than the RIR eggs. I hope I get some pullets this time!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've got 7 RIRs out....they can't all be roos this time can they!!?? And 2 little silkies.....the mystery egg was a silkie. There are still 3 RIR eggs, but they aren't showing any signs of anything, so I think we're probably done.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Katy, I think she sent me all the pullet eggs you didnt get last time, LOL. Seven of my eight seem to be pullets! That NEVER happens to me.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Well Cyn I'd say that's unfair, but I know you've hatched more than your fair share of roos too!! [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

If you were closer, I'd give you one of my pullets, Katy. [​IMG]

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I have eggies in the bator from Julie too...mine are BO and Black Orps....mine are only on day 7...

Here is hoping for pullets Katy!!...Julie has beautiful RIRs...

7. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    I dusted the all of the feathers and poop off of my crystal ball just now and I see six little red pullets and one little red roo. Don't know for sure what all that means but that's what I see. [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Thank you Cyn!

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Thanks Sandy.....I love the deep red hers are. Good luck with your eggs!

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I hope you're right Yogiman...actually they could all be pullets and it would be alright...I hatched 2 roos the first time!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by