Attn: Cochin Owners!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by EndorphinHunter, May 19, 2008.

1. EndorphinHunter

EndorphinHunter New Egg

May 18, 2008
    I'm seeking standard Cochin eggs for incubating, to restart my flock, after a devistating wildfire took everything I held dear, and showed no mercy! It quickly stripped our 40 acers bare, and took my chickens, ducks, peacocks, and material belongings. It left us nothing, but our memories. It took four years, but I'm finally in the position to restart my flock, and I'm sooo excited! :eek:) I desperately hope that there is someone out there with Cochins, whose incubator is already full, and wouldn't mind selling/swaping some eggs with me! Here's my wish list: Std. Cochins (blue, partridge, barred, black, & splash), Penedesenca (Partridge, or Wheaten), Welsummer, Ameraucana (a variety of colors), and the Black Copper Maran!!! ;o) I would like to find someone whom has many of these breeds, and would make up a collection, where I'd get 3-6 eggs, of each kind - because I don't want to have to buy a dozen eggs, just to have that breed of chicken! It really starts to add up! As many of you know, all too well! :eek:) But I have to admit, I have an ulterior motive for these chickens... I found out I have Cancer. [​IMG] But rather than let myself get depressed over the news, I've decided to use my chickens to my advantage... aka: "Endorphins!" [​IMG] Any chicken owner will tell you how funny these little characters can be! I don't care how bad a day you have, if you pull up a lawnchair, and sit for 10 minutes after work, your stress will ebb, your muscles will relax, and you'll forget why you were upset to begin with! It's the truth! And so is the old saying, "Laughter is the world's best medicine." I just love spending time with my chickens. And they reward me, by getting me to laugh at their silly antics. Which up's my "endorphin quota" for the day - helping me, by reducing my pain levels. But with Cancer, I'm gonna need alot more Endorphins, which means I need a lot more chickens! So who out there can help me?!?! [​IMG] Sincerely, Kierstin McKenzie Pasco,WA

2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I have americaunas and cuckoo marans. I also have gl wyandottes, delawares and buff orps if interested.

3. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Yep, thats for sure Endorphin. I had cancer in 90 and cancer again (Different type) in 2000. It can be devastating. Then my 18 year old daughter passed away last year. Laughing is definitely the BEST MEDICINE. And you chickens will get you doing it. [​IMG] I only have baby americana's or whatever you call them. But...I do have barred rock mixes that are biddies and they are cuter than anything. They look like barred rocks and then some of them are white with black spots. [​IMG] If you would like a few, let me know. [​IMG]

4. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Hey Endorphin, I meant if you want a few "EGGS" [​IMG]

5. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: May 19, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by