ATTN Indiana - UPDATE/PICS Need to Re-Home Sebright Hen

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BJ, Dec 20, 2007.

1. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    My Sebright hen is not fitting in. She is my only Sebright and is too bossy and abusive to my D'Uccle hen. She needs to be with others of her breed or larger birds. She is an excellent pet. Friendly with people, well trained, healthy. She is NOT show quality (she weighs 30 oz. and the standard for show quality is 20 oz) She is currently laying. She is 1-1/2 years old and she came from McMurray. I LIVE IN CENTRAL INDIANA...IN NOBLESVILLE WHICH IS JUST NORTH OF INDIANAPOLIS. I would be happy to deliver her, but I will not ship her. SHE IS A GOOD PET AND I NEED HER TO GO TO A HOME WHERE SHE WILL ALSO BE CONSIDERED A PET. Also, she goes broody regularly and may be a good "setter".

WE TRIED TO MAKE THIS WORK OUT BETWEEN THE BIRDS, BUT IT IS NOT. SHE NEEDS TO BE WITH HER OWN BREED IF POSSIBLE.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  2. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    ah poor baby-she could live here-I'm just north of Indy too. Just outside Lafayette. I do not have seabrights-but I do have a warm coop full of other girls mostly standard cochins and a few bantams.
    I have family in Noblesville-who might (MIGHT) transport...their snooty city folk though. hehehe
    Good luck!

3. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Robin, If you can get her to your place, I can take her too. My DH loves the sebright coloring! [​IMG]

4. BJ

Mar 20, 2007
    Robin and Carole,
    As soon as my son gets home from school, I will have him take a few pictures. I'm not very good at doing the digital pictures by myself! Just give me a few hours and I will be back in touch.
    BJ

5. Kentucky~Momma

Kentucky~Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    South Central Kentucky
    If this does not work out, I would be willing to drive to the Kentucky line, just north of Louisville for her, we could use another sebright hen....

6. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    I am about 65 miles north of Indy-and if you want to plan to come here-I'd be more than happy to let you.
    Carol-She can wait here til we see each other again.

Let me know somehow-I often forget to check the postings over here!

7. SebrightLover

SebrightLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Buckhannon, WV
    sigh ... i'm too far away!

8. Motel Chix

Motel Chix Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2007
    Central Indiana
    BJ,
    Do you still have the Sebright hen you want to re-home?
    I live in Noblesville, In. I have 39 Mixed Hens and have them for eggs only. My kids don't want me to have meat birds.
    Let me know and I can even pick her up.

9. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    It sounds like she will have a good home, no matter WHO gets her!

10. BJ

Mar 20, 2007
    Hi fellow Hoosiers! Its great to know I have so many wonderful neighbors to count on! My boys are so upset with me right now...they don't want me to get rid of her. (That's why I haven't posted pictures). I'm excited to know there is another Noblesville backyard chicken farmer!! Hi Motel Chix...I just checked your website!
    I'd like to ask you all to "stand by" until I can sort things out. I will post, PM, or email each of you to let you know the status. THANK YOU ALL for your understanding and willingness to help.

AS OF 2/1, WE HAVE DECIDED SHE NEEDS TO FIND A NEW HOME. SHE IS READY FOR "ADOPTION"

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by