Attn: People who have expressed interest in my Speckled Sussex eggs

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Buster, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I have been working with my SS rooster, Mack, for a while now and he hasn't calmed down enough for my liking. Tonight he flogged me as I left the pen. I am on my way down to Utah tomorrow to pick up one of his sons who will replace him. Here is my dilemma- his son will not be breeding age for a couple of months, so if I cull Mack now anyone who expressed interest will need to wait. If you have already said you wanted some from me and would like some in the next few weeks, please let me know now or it will be two or three months. Thanks- I can't tolerate him anymore and he is definitely not safe to be around my kids.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I hope his sons don't develop his attitude!! So far they're friendly....course they're pretty young yet too.

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:I got him at a year old and he wasn't raised here so I think that's what's responsible for his attitude. I have 11 roosters here now and he is the only one with a problem. All the others but one were raised here.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I know the chicks I hatch and raise sure are calmer and more tame than the ones I used to get from the hatchery. That's too bad he hasn't calmed down because he sure is pretty.

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    You need to step up and take responsibility for your rooster. Mack loved and trusted you
    and here your are, ready to dump him on some unsuspecting chicken person. I'm
    surprised at you. Let your Heelers teach Mack a lesson. It always seems to work for
    my roosters with attitudes.

Send me Mack. Brownie(our SS) would love him. She likes the aggressive type.

6. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    i sent you a pm pc.

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Poor Mack, sniff sniff. He loved you so much, he's gonna miss you alot.

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

You guys make it sound like I'm re-homing him. I'm not. He's soup.

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:[​IMG]

10. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    Mack and cheese.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by