Auction~10+ Euskal Oiloa (Marraduna Basque) Hatching eggs~ Listing ends 1/29/12~ 11:59PM Eastern tim

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by skylinepoultry, Jan 28, 2012.

1. skylinepoultry

skylinepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Old Fort, Tn.
    This auction is for 10+ Euskal Oiloa (Marraduna Basque) fertile hatching eggs.Listing ending 1/29/12~11:59pm eastern time.
    Euskal Oiloak are relatively new to North America. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. Besides being excellent Layers of extra large eggs(220 a Yr) they're superb foragers. Extremely hardy and vigorous with no fear to roam for their own food. This is a dual purpose breed with males weighing in at 8lbs and females weighing in at around 6.5 lbs. Eggs are a shiney tint of light brown. From my own experiences with this breed Its been nothing but amazing. Probably one of the smartest breeds I"ve had yet. This is NOT no dumb chicken! They hold confinement extremely well and free range even better. This is truely a homesteaders dream bird. This is a very friendly inquisitive bird that learns the routines of the yard quickly and likes to be first in line for treats and food.
    If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
    Shipping is $10.85 USPS Flat Rate with handleing fees of $3.00.
    Here is a great link you can go to that will give you some history of this breed. Very fascinating . http://scratchcradle.wordpress.com/resources/euskal-oiloa-basque-hens/

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. tuthillny

tuthillny Semper Fidelis

Sep 27, 2010
    Ulster Co. NY
    I will start at 25.00

3. reereechickens

reereechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Reidsville, NC
    Skyline, James Meeks, has the absolute best egg wrapping and shipping of anybody hands down. None of my eggs were broke and my aircells looked the best from shipped eggs. As far as the EO breed they are awesome chickens! You WILL notice a difference in personality!

4. brahmas2010

brahmas2010 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2011
    Lamar
    i never see them before,..but they are beautiful birds!!!

5. kelar

kelar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    Really lovely birds - where do they originate from?

6. Oldfort_mailman

Oldfort_mailman "The Fortfather"

Jul 19, 2011
    cleveland tennessee
    I believe the EO's originated from Spain

7. AreYouLoved

AreYouLoved Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2012
    Norman OKLAHOMA
    $27 [​IMG]

8. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    $28.00

9. PaintedGemsRanch

PaintedGemsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Hamilton, Georgia
    $30... I havvvveee to replace my roo we lost yesterday... :( he was then spitter image of an EO. Walking outside just doesn't feel right without him! These birds are the closest I think I can get... Weird I'm hoping for a roo LOL
    [​IMG]

10. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by