***AUCTION: 10+ Paint Silkie /Possible Showgirl Eggs!*** Ends 7pm CST Sun. 3/5

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Shayna, Feb 29, 2012.

  1. Shayna

    Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

    1,309
    26
    166
    Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    This is an Auction Formated Listing - Please do not PM to bid! - Place your bid in a reply. Be sure to look at the last reply to see where the current bidding is at.

    Bidding will start at: $1
    Additional bids will be in increasing $1 increments
    Shipping will be via USPS Priority Mail at the cost of $10. If you wish to have eggs shipped another way, please contact me.
    Listing will end at 7:00pm Central on Sunday, March 4th, so they can ship the following day.
    Please place your bid as a reply to this classified (do not PM to bid!).
    Subscribe to this classified auction using the immediate notification setting when you bid so that you can stay informed!
    Description: This listing is for 10+ (increased from 6+) paint silkie/ possible showgirl eggs. I will include any additional eggs I get up until they ship. There will probably be a few extra eggs. I have two paint roosters and 1 paint showgirl rooster in the breeding pen with paint and black silkie girls laying. I have added black silkies hens to my breeding project because quality black silkies can help improve the paint type and improve pigment holes in the paints. Paint silkies are a work in progress. I have been getting very nice paint chicks from my breeding stock. I am getting about 80% paint or white chicks (the white may or may not develop spots later) and the other 20% in blue or black chicks. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
    Paypal payment is due the day auction closes.
    I am getting excellent fertility in the eggs I am incubating, but I cannot guarantee hatch rates with shipped eggs. They will be shipped by USPS Priority Mail, which typically takes 2-3 days. I will not be responsible for any accidents in the mail since I cannot control what happens when they leave. I will ship within continental US only, excluding HI, AK. If your state has restrictions on receiving shipped eggs, please contact me prior to buying. I will individually wrap each egg and package with care. I will not mark it as eggs, since I've heard too many instances of boxes marked eggs having more accidents but will mark the box as fragile.
    I don't wash the eggs, because that can contaminate them. I will gently wipe loose dirt off of the occasional dirty egg.

    Since I cannot control the hens’ laying, if they should slow down, and I am unable to collect the 8 minimum by the shipping date, the buyer would have the option to cancel order or wait for the additional eggs. I expect I will have at least 8 available, plus extras.

    Here is a recent picture of two of the first babies hatched from my flock:
    [​IMG]

    Check out these links for many more pictures of my flock and pictures of chicks hatched by others who have received eggs from me and ones I've hatched:

    The Flock: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/shaynas-member-page
    The Chicks: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicks-hatched
     
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  2. gamebirdsonly

    gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

    6,408
    140
    321
    Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    $6.00
     
  3. AFChick

    AFChick Chillin' With My Peeps

    152
    14
    93
    Aug 25, 2011
    Central NC
    15.00
     
  4. AlienChick

    AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

    2,918
    92
    211
    Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    $16.00
     
  5. srpaint

    srpaint Chillin' With My Peeps

    571
    1
    121
    Apr 12, 2011
    Illinois
    $20
     
  6. TucsonChickNut

    TucsonChickNut Out Of The Brooder

    31
    1
    22
    Feb 14, 2012
    21
     
  7. Shayna

    Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

    1,309
    26
    166
    Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    I have updated the auction to 8+ eggs. One of the ladies has resumed laying after her broody spell. :)
     
  8. Highland Moongazer

    Highland Moongazer Chillin' With My Peeps

    200
    0
    129
    Jul 9, 2009
    Marshall, NC
    $25
     
  9. hoppy

    hoppy I'm not all fluff

    5,276
    33
    293
    May 5, 2007
    central maine
    boy, if that showgirl roo wasn't in there I'd jump on these in a heartbeat.
     
  10. Shayna

    Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

    1,309
    26
    166
    Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    He's one of the 3 roosters in there. About 15% of the eggs hatch out to be a showgirl. Those little sg babies are sooo cute though! [​IMG]

    I am working on breeding pens this year though and there will be a separate showgirl pen eventually. [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by