AUCTION: 12 Exhibition Blue Laced Red Wyandottes from RSF Chicks

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by RSFChicks, Apr 15, 2012.

1. RSFChicks

RSFChicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2011
    Rancho Santa Fe
    [​IMG][​IMG]T[​IMG]

THIS IS A RE-LIST BUY IT NOW AUCTION, PLEASE PM WITH QUESTIONS OR TO PURCHASE!

This is a great price for these egggs, they usually bring double this price but I have so many eggs right now and do not want to waste them. I have been getting 75% Blue Laced Reds and 25% Splash and black laced. I have not had a single comb in 3 generations now which appears in almost all the other breeders.
    Payment expected immediately through Paypal and shipping is $15.00 USPS Priority Mail.
    These are not Hatchery lines and the pictures speak for themselves. We have been told we have some of the nicest Blue Laced Red Wyandottes in the country and we are finally offering some of our eggs due to the fact the incubators are full and we have chicks everywhere!
    With Blue Laced Red Wyandottes you can expect Blue Laced, Black Laced and Splash. The thing that separates our BLRW from others is their mahogany color, so many you see out there are a washed out amber or orange, the lacing should be crisp and these are a deep blue. Also so many you see are small and look like rocks. Our BLRWs are large and sphere shaped with nice full open tails. Look at our pictures and then compare to what you see out there for sale and you will see the difference. The lacing should be all the way back like the blue hen pictured here in our ad, her color is exceptional and even and there is no "brassy" feathers just dark mahogany coloring up to her head. I am not trying to put down other breeders as much as to educate on what good quality is since I have put so much time and effort along with the Breeders I obtained my original stock from to improve this breed. Rancho Santa Fe chickens enjoy the coastal breezes and eat only the finest organic food high in protein and supplemented with flax and fish meal. They free range on grass and bugs and receive greens, fruits and vegetables every day. These eggs may only be offered for a short time as we are constantly working to improve type and color, we just have too many babies right now and decided to offer them here. Fertility has been great and the chicks have been beautiful and strong.
    Shipping is Priority Mail and NO GUARANTEES once eggs leave our hands, We cannot control how they are handled, Incubated etc after they leave here. Eggs will be wrapped, each one carefully and we will keep our fingers crossed with you that they arrive safely. Paypal only and payment is expected when auction closes.
    So if your looking for these beautiful chickens here is your opportunity to get these gorgeous, docile and very sweet birds for your backyard coop!

You can see my birds at www.facebook.com/ranchosantafechicks and click on photos!!! Happy Bidding!!!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  2. ChickensR2addicting

ChickensR2addicting Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2010
    My Coop
    I have some of these birds and they are awesome!!
    The hatch rate was great and they were well worth the price.

3. chrischicken

chrischicken New Egg

Aug 21, 2011
    I just have to have some of these birds, I havent seen BLRW with this nice of coloring and type. If I get outbid again would you condsider a Buy it Now price and what would that be? I bid before last fall when you had them posted but was outbid both times so Im glad to see you have more eggs available.

4. chrischicken

chrischicken New Egg

Aug 21, 2011
    $51.00

5. RSFChicks

Mar 27, 2011
    Rancho Santa Fe
    Hey thanks for the kind words about my BLRW, I have worked hard on improving type and color and appreciate you noticing. I have not decided whether or not to list a Buy it now auction, I guess it depends on how much interest there is. Last fall I couldnt provide enough eggs for all that wanted them and its the same this year. I will only be offering eggs for a limited peiod of time as I will be collecting most of them for my own chicks but the incubators are full right now. Thanks for your bid!

6. RSFChicks

Mar 27, 2011
    Rancho Santa Fe
    I forgot to include shipping cost so I will include shipping with the winning bid amount. I am still getting used to this new format!

7. animaladdictions

animaladdictions Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    East Tennessee
    I don't get it? Do we start over at $50? The last post is April but this is new right? Is shipping extra or included in this one? Sorry. Just a little confused.. LOOOOVE these birds though! In my humble opinion, these ARE the BEST out there! Period!

8. I received my eggs on Monday. I candled them all as soon as I received them. Sadly, it seemed that one of the hens sat on them before they were collected, and started the incubation process. An egg that has been incubated for less than 24 hours is practically impossible to discern from a fresh egg, which is why they must have slipped under the radar. During shipment, they went rotten, making them obvious to me. I notified the seller immediately.

Even though he cannot guarantee hatchability, the seller offered to replace all of the partially incubated eggs free of charge!

Looking forward to the arrival of my replacement eggs.

Jenne

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  9. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I see this listing is still open. Do you have eggs available?

The reason I ask is... a friend ordered eggs from this seller. After weeks of waiting, she received eggs after numerous unanswered contacts.

After putting them in the incubator, it was only ONE DAY until one egg stunk so bad and was completely black when she candled it.
    It exploded like a grenade as she put it into the sink.

After 3 days, after seeing no growth, she cracked open the darker eggs, ALL ROTTEN. Stinky BAD rotten.
    Now there are 4 clear eggs left... I doubt if there will be any growth.

My question to CynazarGoldens....Was your problem resolved with this seller?
    I will PM you after this.

I will remove my post (if mods don't beat me to it) after the seller refunds this gals money in full. With an apology.
    Or... at least, contact the buyer, and explain what you are doing.

This is NOT the way we do business on BYC. Not if you want to stay in business.
    Roberta

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  10. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I will be watching this.
    And NO 4 days in a 100 degree truck will not make them rot the way they were sent to her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by