Auction ~12+ Paint Silkie Hatching Eggs ~Ends 4/6 @ 10pm EST

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by TwinMapleRanch, Apr 2, 2012.

1. TwinMapleRanch

TwinMapleRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    N/W PA
    This is an Auction Formated Listing - Please do not PM to bid! - Place your bid in a reply. Be sure to look at the last reply to see where the current bidding is at.

Bidding will start at $25. Please bid in whole dollar increments. You may bid as much as you want (you don't have to bid $1 at a time) but keep in mind, there is no proxy bidding on BYC, so whatever you bid is the amount you will pay. I know this new format is confusing, please message me if you have any questions about how it works!

Auction ends at 10pm EST on Friday, April 6th. Shipping will be $14 for Priority with delivery confirmation. Shipping to the continental US only. Paypal payment will be due by no later than Sat, April 7 @ 9AM EST. so I have time to get them to the post office.

Auction Details:
    This auction for 12 + Paint silkie eggs to ship on Saturday, April 7. I will start collecting these eggs today (Monday). The auction will include anything laid between now and Sat morning when I box them for shipping. There will be at least 12, probably several extras. My brooders are all full and I just can't hatch any more at this time, so have decided to offer these at auction. If for some reason the girls don't cooperate the buyer will have the option of waiting a couple more days or canceling the order.

Paint Pens:
    Pen 1 has a GM black roo over Brenda Gambil and Shagbark paint hens. Pen 2 has a Brenda Gambil roo over black and white hens, one of the black hens is Sunshine Silkies. Pen 3 is a Judy Lee paint roo over a black hen. All breeders have correct combs and feet, heavy foot feathering and nice crests and cushions. Some of the babies are vaulted, some are not. I get some pigment holes occasionally, but they seem to close up rather quickly.

Disclosures:
    Paints do not breed true. I sometimes get solid colored chicks and an occasional partridge from these pens. Fertility and hatch rate are great here, but I cannot make any guarantees on shipped eggs or your hatch rate. Although I pack with the utmost of care, I cannot control how the USPS handles the box once it leaves my hands. I will mark the box as fragile and with "this side up" stickers that also indicate they are live embryos, do not X-ray. If you would like me to mark anything else on the box, just let me know. Please let the eggs "rest" for 12 to 24 hours after receiving them before setting them.

PM me with any questions!
    Thanks for looking! Happy bidding!

2. TwinMapleRanch

Jul 18, 2011
    N/W PA
    Just wanted to report that I heard back from someone I shipped eggs to. She said she had an excellent hatch and lots of bold spots. She didn't tell me the exact ratio of spotted to solid, but did say she thought there was only 1 clear egg in the bunch and 1 egg that developed but didn't hatch. I always love getting news like that!

3. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    that would be me, great hatch and mostly spotted babies. I think 3 of (you know, i don't remember how many 12?) were non paint and most have bold spots. I'm very pleased with these chicks.

4. vickifiveoh

vickifiveoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Burnsville, NC
    I bid $30

5. beauty2thebirds

beauty2thebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Yoncalla

6. TwinMapleRanch

Jul 18, 2011
    N/W PA
    Thanks for posting Hoppy! Looking forward to pics of those babies sometime!!

7. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    $36

8. silkiesilly

silkiesilly Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2012
    I'll bid $40.

9. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011