AUCTION 6+ LF Dark Cornish Hatching Eggs

chickened

Crowing
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
western Oregon
This auction is for 6 plus extras LF Dark Cornish hatching eggs
These birds are exhibition quality from a local breeder and my own stock.
Fertility is about 85% I candled 8 eggs at 10 days and had one blank.
The auction will end Saturday Jan. 21 at 8:00 AM PST and will be shipped on Monday as soon as payment is received.
Reserve price: $10.00 with $1.00 or more increments please. Use reply to submit bids. No PM bids
Shipping is $15.00 USPS priority shipping

Payment by Paypal only.
No guarantee for damage by the USPS but I will replace any broken eggs with photo proof but buyer pays shipping. Hatching results are buyers responsibility.

Last edited:
It was minus 6 here about 3 years ago for about 3 days and they did fine. I feed them corn in the winter to increase body fat and another breeders blend supplement and they seem to do well.

Tried to edit the ad but would not show the print so... Please post your bids as a reply with either your maximum bid or in $1.00 increments or more. If you PM me a bid I will post it with your username. Thanks

Put me in for a max bid of $20. It doesn't say what shipping is, I'm assuming around $15 for priority mail?

Yes shipping is $15.00 USPS priority mail. If you click on the "edit details it shows what I edited but either I am not submitting it right or ??

2 quick Q's for you regarding this breed:
if these birds are crossed w/ a Rock roo will the resulting offspring be similiar in type to the cornish cross broilers sold by the hatcheries and in the farm store in the spring. I'm wanting to try this cross but need 20 eggs to fill my incubator. Also how is the personality of this breed- laidback or agressive- quiet/noisy. Thanks for your time!

No the CX takes many generations to perfect. The carcass is actually better by itself than crossing it with DP birds. They just take longer to get to weight but will not be as full as a CX.

Cornish are way laid back. One of the easiest to tame for showing that I know of except maybe a silky. They are not noisy but they do talk softly like murmurring especially in the evenings.

2 quick Q's for you regarding this breed:
if these birds are crossed w/ a Rock roo will the resulting offspring be similiar in type to the cornish cross broilers sold by the hatcheries and in the farm store in the spring. I'm wanting to try this cross but need 20 eggs to fill my incubator. Also how is the personality of this breed- laidback or agressive- quiet/noisy. Thanks for your time!

The new site auctions are a you bid one at a time, there is no proxy bid. So, are your bidding $20 now?
He said to post our max bid, which doesn't quite seem right but with this new forum everything is messed up. Minimum bid is $10.00, if I bid $20 and nobody else bids then do I pay the $10 or the $20?

Back
Top Bottom