Auction ~9+ Paint Silkie Hatching Eggs ~Ends 3/11 @ 10pm EST

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by TwinMapleRanch, Mar 10, 2012.

1. TwinMapleRanch

TwinMapleRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    N/W PA
    This is an Auction Formated Listing - Please do not PM to bid! - Place your bid in a reply. Be sure to look at the last reply to see where the current bidding is at.

Bidding will start at $25. Auction ends at 10pm EST on Sunday, March 11th. Shipping will be $12 for Priority with delivery confirmation. Shipping to the continental US only. Paypal payment will be due by no later than Mon, March 12th @ 10AM EST. so I have time to get them to the post office.

This auction will include 9 eggs from my paint pens that I have collected since Thursday, plus any more that are laid up until shipping on Monday, March 12th. I have a paint pair from Bren Gambill and a newly acquired paint hen. The paint hens and a GM black roo are in one pen. In the other pen, the paint roo is over 3 black hens, one of which is a Sunshine Silkies. I am getting between 3 and 4 eggs a day, so there should be a dozen, but I'm only guaranteeing 9 since silkies can go broody at the drop of a hat.

I just had 4 hatch on Valentines Day and all 4 had spots. Some are vautled and some are not. All have correct toes and feathering and I am getting very few pigment holes.

I store my hatching eggs at 50 degrees F and they are turned daily until shipped.

Now for the normal disclosures. Paints do not breed true. I sometimes get solid colored chicks and an occasional partridge from these pens. Fertility and hatch rate are great here, but I cannot make any guarantees on shipped eggs or your hatch rate. Although I pack with the utmost of care, I cannot control how the USPS handles the box once it leaves my hands. I will mark the box as fragile and with "this side up" stickers. If you would like me to mark anything else on the box, just let me know. Please let the eggs "rest" for 12 to 24 hours after receiving them before setting them.

Thanks for looking! Happy bidding!
    [​IMG]

Added a couple more pics that I just took today. Thought it might be helpful if you can see how they're looking as they get older!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  2. HazyDayHollands

HazyDayHollands Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Maine
    I'll give you $25 for them for sure!;)

3. FarmerBoy24

FarmerBoy24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    $26.00 :)

4. kimfeatherfriends123

kimfeatherfriends123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2010
    boonville, in
    $30.00

5. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    should I jump in and bid on these too? she does a great job packing, I received mine and none were broken. hopefully babies in less then 3 weeks.

6. TwinMapleRanch

Jul 18, 2011
    N/W PA
    Thanks Hoppy! Hopefully Spotted babies in less than 3 weeks! ;)

7. HazyDayHollands

HazyDayHollands Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Maine
    $35!:p

8. TwinMapleRanch

Jul 18, 2011
    N/W PA
    Congrats to HazyDayHollands! You are the winner! Please send payment of $47 to [email protected], along with your phone number if you would like it added to the box for pickup, and anything else you would like marked on the box. Thank you!!
    Linda
    Twin Maple Ranch

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by