AUCTION: Buyer rescheduled - short auction! Marans/Olive Eggers

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Wynette, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    This is an AUCTION FORMATTED LISTING - DO NOT PM too bid - place bid in a reply.

I would not be typically listing these hatching eggs, but my customer has had a personal situation and needs to reschedule; I have been unable to reach the next in line, so thought I'd go ahead & list here.

Bidding starts at $20 - additional bids will be in $.25 increments.

I have nine (9) Black Copper Marans hatching eggs and three (3) olive egger (one first generation, two second) hatching eggs. This auction includes all of these eggs, plus whatever is laid today.

I have concentrated on breeding to the standard and, although I am pleased with where my current flock is, I do have improvements to make. My Black Copper Marans hens are large & typey; one is pure Davis, the others are W. Jeane via a breeder who got her stock directly from Donna Gherke (BayHorseBonne).

My current male is Gherke, and he has excellent type, color balance, and good size.

Of course, there is no guarantee on shipped hatching eggs, but I will do everything in my power to make sure you have the very best chance with them! Hatching eggs are stored in a fridge that hold perfect temp for hatching eggs, and I store at high humidity. I do not send eggs more than 5 days old. All my stock have been proven to produce eggs with excellent hatchability here on my farm.

Place bids as a reply.

Auction ends at 4:00 p.m. Eastern time today, 2/27/12, so make sure to keep checking back throughout the day. Don't forget to subscribe so you get notification of auction activity!

Payment is due by 5 p.m. Eastern time today, via PayPal only. Please, if you do not have a PayPal account or cannot make payment by 5 p.m. today, please do not bid.

Shipping is $15 and includes delivery confirmation - shipping amount is added to final bid. Shipping is U.S.P.S. Priority mail, and box will go out tomorrow morning.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for looking!

(I should note that I have misplaced my digital camera - I have many more pics of my flock on that camera, but until I can find it, these are all that I have. The auction pic of my cock bird is when he was just 18 weeks; he's much more filled out, but you can see the color balance is excellent in him, eye color is correct, shank color correct, proper amount of shank feathering, tail angle optimum, etc. This is a very nice boy - I sent a picture of him to Bev Davis a couple of weeks ago and she stated "I can't fault him." - also, he does NOT have white lobes as the 18-week picture may appear.)

[auction closed before any bids received - buyer off BYC purchased eggs.]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by