1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Auction Closed Do To Broody Hens Do Not Bid!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Danny39, May 7, 2011.

1. Danny39

Danny39 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    Ohio
    THIS WILL BE MY LAST AUCTION FOR MY SLB EGGS FOR SEVERAL WEEKS AS I WILL BE GOING ON VACATION THE END OF THIS MONTH AND WANT TO HAVE ALL EGG SALES TAKEN CARE OF BEFORE I GO. I JUST RECEIVED AN ORDER FROM MY WEBSITE FOR NEXT WEEKS EGGS SO THIS MAY BE YOUR LAST CHANCE TO AQUIRE THESE BEAUTIES THIS SPRING! Up for your consideration are 6+ Silver Laced Brahma hatching eggs. I am generous with extras if I have them. I have been a die-hard Wyandotte fan for years, but these Brahmas have won me over.
    My Brahma flock currently consists of 2 Cocks (who are getting the job done) and 4 Hens, they are now 1 year old. My hens are laying beautiful, good sized brown eggs. I have been cracking eggs open to look for the tell tale "bullseye" and have chicks on the ground from my first batches of eggs that were sent to Florida, New York, Minnesota, Missouri and here at home. I also received an email from a buyer in Illinois who hatched 9 out of 12. Not bad for mailed eggs!! All of my Brahmas have excellent foot feathering to the middle toe and have great "brow". They do still need work on the dreaded "vulture hocks", some of the chicks have them and some do not. And with most laced birds, the lacing is always a work in progress. Brahmas are EXTREMELY slow to mature and go through many changes as they mature so be patient with them, you won't be disappointed!! Feel free to PM or Email me with any questions and I encourage you to visit my website for more photos.
    These eggs should go out on Saturday morning (5-14-11) Priority mail unless otherwise requested.
    Eggs are packaged with care and individually bubble-wrapped and placed in the large USPS priority box padded with lots of shredded paper. I have had very good luck with this method.
    Do to circumstances beyond my control, I cannot guarantee your hatch rate.
    Thanks for you interest and have fun bidding!! This is a PayPal auction. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OK, here they are ice skating! lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Here are some chicks that I hatched this Spring (with BLRW chicks)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    WOW! They are spectacular!

3. Danny39

Jan 24, 2010
    Ohio
    Thank you Mahonri. They are especially beautiful when they are free ranging on the freshly mowed, extra lush green grass we now have here in Ohio. Hard to believe some of those pictures were taken just a couple months ago. Now if it would just STOP raining here!
    I see them everyday and I am always a little in awe of there beauty!
    On a side note...I have thoroughly enjoyed following your New Years and Easter Hatch threads, very entertaining!

4. Danny39

Jan 24, 2010
    Ohio
    Thank you Mahonri. They are especially beautiful when they are free ranging on the freshly mowed, extra lush green grass we now have here in Ohio. Hard to believe some of those pictures were taken just a couple months ago. Now if it would just STOP raining here!
    I see them everyday and I am always a little in awe of there beauty!
    On a side note...I have thoroughly enjoyed following your New Years and Easter Hatch threads, very entertaining!

5. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    I candled mine last night, and I think about 90% are developing!

I'll let you know how it all turns out!

6. Danny39

Jan 24, 2010
    Ohio
    Fantastic Bailey! Thanks for the update and best of luck for a successfull hatch. Good luck on your Serama auctions, you've got some real lookers there.

7. Danny39

Jan 24, 2010
    Ohio
    Edited in original description.

8. PearlySue

PearlySue Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2010
    Ohio
    Quote:I triple posted today, what's up with that........ [​IMG] A glitch in the matrix????? [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by