Auction ended

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by corvidae, Mar 15, 2012.

1. corvidae

corvidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2011
    Utah
    Please do not use the PM to bid--bids can be placed in replies to this thread. To avoid being outbid, subscribe to this thread. :)
    Up for your consideration are 12+ BLRW eggs from my flocks of 8 hens and 2 roosters. None of my birds are hatchery stock, having been originally obtained from breeders here on Backyardchickens and hatched out by myself. These birds all have very nice termperaments and nice lacing. I currently have one Black laced Roo and one Blue laced Roo over an even mix of 8 Blue, Black, and Splash hens. Fertility appears to be approximately 80-90%, so I will make sure there are extras to accomodate any non-fertile eggs.

This is a true auction format with bids opening at $1 and going in $1 (or more if you like) increasing increments. Bidding will end at 6 PM Sunday 3/25. If the final bidder pays prior to Monday morning, the well-packed eggs will go out on Monday via priority mail. Shipping costs will be $15 in addition to the final winning bid price.

Can't be responsible for hatch rates, due to the unbelievable abuse some of these poor eggs take in transit. I have had good hatch rates here, but I also hatch shipped eggs and am very familiar with the difference in hatch rates between shipped and non-shipped eggs. Additionally, not everyone hatches the same way and not every incubator likes to behave itself. Some are very naughty.

I've included pictures of a few of the parent stock and a few of the chicks that I've hatched from that group. Unfortunately, I actually rather suck with a camera, so the pictures don't even come close to doing justice to the birds, but it might give you a general idea. Please excuse the small bits of frostbite on the Roo's comb--we had coop issues in the beginning of winter and the poor guy took a bit of comb damage.

Thanks for looking and have a good day!

Edited to add: Sorry about some of the sideways pictures--for the life of me, I can't get them to upload turned correctly, even though they are correct on my computer!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  2. msshing

msshing New Egg

May 8, 2010
    What color are their eggs?

3. corvidae

Feb 27, 2011
    Utah
    They lay a light brown egg.

4. HortonFarms

HortonFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2012
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    $5.00

5. grizlyadams3

grizlyadams3 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2009
    Deer Lodge , Montana
    I'll bid $10.00

6. corvidae

Feb 27, 2011
    Utah
    Snapped a few more pictures today, just for fun. [​IMG] Looks like there will be at least 15 eggs, probably more unless some disaster strikes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. corvidae

Feb 27, 2011
    Utah
    We now have 18 eggs ready to go out...

8. SuttonHeritageFarm

SuttonHeritageFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Jackson Springs, NC