Auction help

brettshomestead

Chirping
Nov 27, 2016
Central oklahoma
I have a small country auction tonight I'm wanting to sell at. Are there any tips on selling birds for a better price? I know how to sell just not how to sell better. If it helps I'm selling three roos

I have a small country auction tonight I'm wanting to sell at. Are there any tips on selling birds for a better price? I know how to sell just not how to sell better. If it helps I'm selling three roos
Be there early----try to get yours in line close the front---if you are a later seller----a lot already have bought all they want and some leave before they get to the end. Where I go the sell starts at 5pm and a lot of people will be there around 9am to check theirs in. If they live close they will go back home and come back just before the sell. Also if yours are grown---sell them one at a time---not all 3 at one time.

I realize this, I ment more as cage upkeep, if i put breed info with them etc. im guessing breed info would only help if it was a uncommon breed.
Some Auctions require the breed when they check in. The ones that don't require might/might not announce the breed when it hits the Auction Block?? I go to a VERY good Auction-----this one will NOT announce the breed because it might be a mix but look true and buyers have jumped him because he SAID they were this and that----Now they hold it up----you see what it is---you bid if you want. Of All the Auctions I go to, some will not allow your birds/rabbits, etc to stay in your cage---have to be transferred to peanut type crates. Some will. One Auction that closed recently that was open for years---the animals are sold out the owners cages and handed to the buyer by the feet----LOL, bring your own cage or hold it in your lap on the way home---LOL.

Hehe. Maybe one day we'll get further out of town, but probably not happening real soon. I've only been on this property 7-8 years, but HE raised his family here. So he's got roots almost 30 years old here. He's also a far more social animal than I am, so he needs to be able to get to town regularly. To get him somewhere truly rural, I'd have to make it too attractive for friends and family to stay away from. I'm up for the challenge, but pocketbook says otherwise for now.

ETA: we are slowly renovating and updating this place, which hadn't been touched in well over a decade. Some parts even longer. Once that's done, selling it for a small fortune is pretty easy. Location is fabulous and property around here is sought after. THEN the dream place in the country isn't just a dream any longer. Just gotta keep working the plan.

I am NOT a pet chicken person. I had a Chinese Crested dog until February of this year. Think of a showgirl chicken with no feathers on the body, just topknot, tail, and feet feathers, then turn that into a small dog. Or google "Dancing Nathan". My dog looked like Nathan. Loved that strange nekkid old dog. RIP Sarge. Love my dogs, cats, horses. Once loved a milk cow. Loved a few goats. Never loved a bird. I like birds, pretty much any animal, just fine. Respect most. Tolerate even the ones I don't like and wouldn't ever mistreat one. But a pet chicken just isn't my kind of thing.

That being said, I like pretty. I am female. Looking at a variety of pretty chickens is nice. I like colored eggs too, because they sell really well around here and are pretty. I won't know what my hens look like for a while yet. I'm hopeful I've got a few pretty pretty ones.

Purple is my favorite color. Lavendar anything gets my attention.

Back
Top Bottom