AUCTION! Mille Fleur Cochin pair!

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Fancy Feathers, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Fancy Feathers

Fancy Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Up for FUN AUCTION this week is a pair of Mille Fleur project Cochins!
    The pullet is last August hatch. She is an F3 Mottled/ MF and should help produce the desired chevrons on the breast. She has one eye that looks like it is slightly closed - not noticable unless you're up close and personal, and even then you might not see it, but I wanted to mention it. I believe it has to be an incubator issue as in hundreds of chicks hatched, including a lot of chicks directly related to her, she is the only one I've hatched with it. I've tried to get a good picture of it but honestly you can't tell it in any of the shots I've taken.
    The FUN part - She comes with a choice of one of 3 cockerels! All boys are out of Bran and Loula, and are only distantly related to the hen, so should be a good match. With my line the cockerels look like they have a lot of white, but as they mature the white decreases and the Mille Fleur pattern comes out. Not perfect yet, but we're getting there!
    This pair of chicks should give gorgeous Mille Fleur pattern and color or close to it.
    The REALLY FUN part - I'm starting this auction at ZERO with no reserve!
    The fine print: Auction will end on Monday February 25th at 8:00pm CST. I would like to ship out Tuesday so please pay via Paypal promptly. Shipping is actual plus $13 for a new Horizon box & a heat pack. Feel free to PM me your zip code for a shipping quote.
    Thanks for looking and Happy Bidding!

Please post a Reply to bid. Also I do have a used clean box I can use, to save $10, if the winner wishes. The quotes I have given were based on 6 1/2 pounds, I'm going to get a more accurate weight today, I'm sure that's close though. [​IMG] Thanks everyone and Happy Bidding!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. vatc1234

vatc1234 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2007
    Corapeake
    Zipcode
    Would you also give me a quote fot 22011( Drive to my daughters) Good reason to go for a visit. :)

3. WhistleCreek

WhistleCreek Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2012
    Toledo OR
    Beautiful! I sent you a PM :)

4. Fancy Feathers

May 4, 2012
    vatc1234 I have $62.45 for the first zip... The second zip it's telling me the destination code is invalid? [​IMG]

5. Herducks

Herducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2012
    Sebastopol, CA
    Are these LF or bantam?

6. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    how about 24070? love that girl. and i'd like an unelated oo too, for my own girls...

herducks, they're bantam. don't think they exist in lf yet.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  7. Fancy Feathers

May 4, 2012
    $57.50 Karen [​IMG]

Good news! I weighed her and one of the boys and we're talking 5 1/2 rather then 6 1/2 pounds [​IMG]

Also, since she was inside, I tried my best to get a picture that shows her bad eye. They're downloading now and I'll post in a sec.

8. Fancy Feathers

May 4, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also from these pictures and the fact that her cushion has been plucked away (I'd like to figure out which one is my feather-puller in this pen) I'd say that she is one of the girls who've been giving me eggs lately. [​IMG]

9. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    any chance you got pics from the other side for comparisson? the pic at the top of the auction appears to be an older one where here eyes were still grey... i'm curious for one, if you used a flash? if so, she may be blind in that eye since the pupil is wide open. not a big deal to me, i have a blind horse (ERU), a mini with ruptured iris (attacked by dogs as a baby, he ran headfirst into a tree), and had a roo with a torn iris from a thorn in his eye (his pupil was an upside down teardrop).

but i still like her. 8)

10. KBG204

KBG204 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2013
    Pasquotank County, NC
    Shipping for 27909?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by