auction rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AHappychick, Oct 8, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    has anyone noticed that the largest liers always seem to be the highest sales in the auctions?

I mean that often I see posts about someone buying eggs that were not the color that was advertised. most often in Ameraucanas and Marans. Anyway the sellers always have a reason for it and frankly I know often they are stretching the truth. I alway post exactly what you are getting and frankly my egg color is darker than a lot of eggs I purchased and no one wants to touch my auction. I also show the exact parents in my auctions so there are no surprises.

Now if I darkened the pics like some other people do I would probably see a bidding war. [​IMG]

Just saying that it seems honesty is not alwys the best policy I guess if you want to make money on e-bay or eggbid.

I have started to only place feedback after I have hatched since it is way to easy to send eggs that dont break.

is anyone else having this problem? or is it just me???

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I know- you don't know who to trust at all. [​IMG]
    I'd LOVE some of your Ameracauna eggs- but I know they'd never survive the PO all the way here. [​IMG]

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    That's the exact reason I don't buy on ebay or eggbid. [​IMG] I don't trust those snake oil salespeople to really be telling the truth.

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Yeah...it's sad....my issue is that a lot of people STEAL others' photos (a lot of NICE birds in the U.K.)--and claim them to be their own. I'll see big, beautiful fluffy orps and google "black orpington" and find the same picture on a website in the U.K. And those go for $50-$75 for 6+ eggs....I feel sorry for the people who think their eggs/chicks will ever have a chance to grow up & look like that! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by