1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Auction surprise??? Guess away!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lovesdisney, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Lovesdisney

Lovesdisney Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Went to a benefit auction today. It was in an amish community. They had 2 auction rings going for just poultry and this was a good 3.5 hours into the auction. There was a box.... all it said was "11 baby chicks" Of course the kids had to bring it home, we hadn't even seen them..... There seems to be 2 maybe 3 types?

Here is what we opened:

Chick 1:
    [​IMG]

Chick 2:
    [​IMG]

Chick 3:
    [​IMG]

Chick 4:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick 5:
    [​IMG]

Chick 6:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick 7:
    [​IMG]

Chick 8:
    [​IMG]

Chick 9:
    [​IMG]

Chick 10:
    [​IMG]

Apparently I missed a chick, but we had 4 kids helping..... So I did the best I could... HA!

2. oldorchardfarms

oldorchardfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    woodstock
    ok, the little yellowish and brown ones look just like my mille fleur d'uccle there really pretty feather footed bantam idk if the come in regual size or not. i am just going by what my looked like google them and see what you think

3. peterlund

peterlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    A great assortment..... The kids (both old and young) will have fun watching them grow.... I will bet the older ones will enjoy it even more so! [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    GORGEOUS -whatever they I, I love the last chick with the reddish topknot.

5. Lofty Dreams

Lofty Dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    EE's
    Austrolorps
    [​IMG]
    good luck

6. Lovesdisney

Apr 16, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Quote:Haha! Thanks. It will be fun seeing them change and how they turn out. My kids will be doing lapbooks along with them maturing (we homeschool). Who knows they could be something great.... or they could be great dinner! [​IMG]

7. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Quote:Haha! Thanks. It will be fun seeing them change and how they turn out. My kids will be doing lapbooks along with them maturing (we homeschool). Who knows they could be something great.... or they could be great dinner! [​IMG]

I've never been able to eat anything I have named.....even the hideous, grotesquely bulbous, "Nuke-Zuke," the zucchini. I'm just saying....it might be better to decide right up front, what the intended use will be for your adorable little prizes.

mm

8. Lovesdisney

Apr 16, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    maizy'smom :

I've never been able to eat anything I have named.....even the hideous, grotesquely bulbous, "Nuke-Zuke," the zucchini. I'm just saying....it might be better to decide right up front, what the intended use will be for your adorable little prizes.

mm​

We are about 9 chickens behind in names..... I think it's safe [​IMG].

9. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    Well, I don't think they're probably EE, you seem to have mostly yellow legs and no muffs or beards. And I think Australorp have a lot more white on them as chicks (mine did anyway).

It's hard to tell at this point, but they're very cute.

Good luck,
    Deb

10. Fleabuskitty

Fleabuskitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    #1 and #5 look like a couple of chicks I hatched from some eggs I bought from a someone who told me they had Red Stars, Jersey Giants, and Easter Eggers. What type of combs do yours have? My guess would be my favorite breed; Mutts!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by