1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Augusta, GA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by marjorine, Oct 17, 2016.

1. marjorine

marjorine Just Hatched

Oct 17, 2016
    Hello, I'm new to this forum. I never knew there was a forum for chicken talking and it's going to be really helpful when I need the right answer for the dumb question. However, I live in the CSRA area and I am looking for barred rock hens to buy.is there anybody who sells them? My boyfriend would love to have them and we are looking for 5 at least.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, marjorine, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Here's a link to the By-Sell-Trade section of BYC. I think you need like 20 or 25 posts or something before you can post, however. But 20 posts are easy to do. Just stay on this forum and welcome folks who have joined before you. Here's that link https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/250783/buy-sell-trade-rules-must-read-agree-to-participate-in-bst
    Are you looking for established hens or chicks? The major hatcheries are getting close to shutting their doors for the season but I know a few of the bigger ones still have baby chicks. Advantage....cheaper initially and chicks mega-cute. Disadvantage....you have to raise them up to laying age - 20 + weeks. Established hens - advantage....eggs sooner, none of the hassle of raising chicks. Disadvantage....much more expensive to buy out right. And you might not get what you are being told you are getting (old, past their prime hens).
    Whatever you decide I wish you well! [​IMG]

3. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard chickens! So glad you joined us, and I hope you make yourself at home here!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

6. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    WELCOME!!!!

7. marjorine

marjorine Just Hatched

Oct 17, 2016
    Oh gosh, sorry I couldn't figure out this forum how to reply and thank you for your knowledge.... as soon as you told me about chickens are going out of season.....my boyfriend found a guy who is selling 6 hens... guess what three are breed rocks.

8. marjorine

marjorine Just Hatched

Oct 17, 2016
    Thank you and dnt worry I am still learning.... in the passed two years we had three chickens....unfortunately we loss two....so we only have one she is a rhoad island red

9. marjorine

marjorine Just Hatched

Oct 17, 2016

10. marjorine

marjorine Just Hatched

Oct 17, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by