Augusta Maine Poultry/ Farm swap April 28th TSC

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by hoppy, Apr 7, 2012.

1. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Poultry/ Farm swap April 28th Saturday- Augusta Tractor Supply (TSC) 8:30-1:00

time is 8:30--1:00 no fee to set up in the parking lot at Tractor Supply Company civic center drive, augusta.
    for those selling, make sure to bring water for your animals and boxes to send them home in. (also remember to clean up after yourself when you leave, we want to be invited back)
    for those buying, bring boxes, they seem to be hard to come by some weekends and plenty of cash to spend.

please remember the 6 chick rule, if they are under 8 weeks, they must be sold in lots of 6 .
    now all the legal mumbo jumbo (thanks bob for sharing)
    ------------------------------------

IT WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH VENDOR TO ABIDE BY STATE OF MAINE LAWS AND REGULATIONS; TO PROVIDE ANY REQUIRED LICENSING, ADEQUATE SHELTER, CAGING, WATER AND FOOD FOR THEIR ANIMALS; & TO CLEAN UP THEIR AREAS WHEN LEAVING.

Maine State Laws governing the sale of poultry/waterfowl & goats

Maine State Law:

MAINE RULES AND REGS ON SALES OF LIVESTOCK, POULTRY, WATERFOWL, MILK, CHEESE

http://www.maine.gov/agriculture/ahi/ahisr.html
    5A. ALL SHEEP AND GOATS IN MAINE AND OUT OF STATE ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE SCRAPIE TAGS.
    clarification of scrape info:

all goats or sheep leaving their farm (going to a swap, show, walk around the neighborhood or sale of any kind in or out of state) need to have a scrape number. this number is on a tag or can be tattooed on the animal. tags are free and so is the applicator. the person needs to call Gail at the fed USDA 866-873-2824 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 866-873-2824 end_of_the_skype_highlighting and she will send out tags for the farm and the applicator. the tag is a way to trace back to the farm of origin if there is a problem. so if she has a goat that she bought elsewhere and it has a scrape tag, it doesn't need a new tag as long as that tag is still attached to the animal. if the tag come off, she needs to put on her scrape tag. if she goes the tattoo route, ear, thigh, or tail fold.

Read more: http://farmdaysanfordmaine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rules&action=display&thread=1#ixzz1qskeyCwn

5B. Poultry
    At public events in Maine you must sell any birds under 8 weeks old in lots of 6, above the 8 weeks, they can go one at a time. Now, from your house or farm you can sell singular birds of any age.

You must purchase 6 from the one family the chicks are raised in, not 1 bird here, 1 bird there. (I believe its the pecking order and younger chicks could be harmed)

NO PROCESSING OR NEUTERING OF ANIMALS

Mammals must be completely weaned and minimum of 8 weeks old.

RULES FOR OUT OF STATE VENDORS

http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/01/001/001c206.doc

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. Poultry Run Farm

Poultry Run Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Maine
    Hi All, Yes, we are still hanging around :) Have not been on much been a long winter. Hubby has had some problems and he was in an accident, he is better now but could not do too much with his hands being so sore. Course also had to replace the Jeep....

Sarah has decided to pretty much cut way back on showing to just keeping a few pets and some to show. She will have quality breeder stock and probably some of her show stock to let go. Going to go through them the next couple of weeks and go from there. She is for sure keeping all her dark cornish, some of the moderns and her buff silkies a couple of her faverolles she still has bobby.

Some of the breeds that will be available,
    Bantams:
    Modern Game-lots of different
    Silkies
    D'Anvers-self blue, mottled, quail and millie
    Lots of Pigeons too

Not sure about the big guys yet, Dad really likes the RIR's so he may keep them. Will put together a detailed list. If anyone has any interest in something send me a message and can let you know.

3. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    glad to see you are back, I was going to pm you just to check up on you. I still have your grain bag totes in my car when your ready.

4. Poultry Run Farm

Poultry Run Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Maine
    Thanks :) We are going to try to make the meeting on Sunday.

5. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    glad you mentioned that, I was thinking it was 1 week away. I'm planning on being there.

6. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    anyone going to this swap have any good laying hens for sale . someone i know is looking for 6 good layers. he said something unique and some rare breeds. he bought from me last year and is looking for more . i dont have any for sale right now. so what ya got out there.

7. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    I'm going but I have to sort what I have and depending on what I sell at skowhegan the weekend prior. I may have some blue laced red wyandottes but all young, all black laced, 9 weeks.

8. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    im looking for a couple hens that are broody right now if anyone has any they want to part with.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  9. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Time to get this thread moving. I will have blue laced red wyandottes, at least 2 pullets, 1 cockeral, 1 black orpington cockeral, and I'm sure some other birds. need to continue to sort this week.

10. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    got an email today, people coming to this swap looking for silkies (pullets of course) and lavender orpingtons if anyone has any to part with. I also am looking for a lavender pullet or hen or maybe any color americauna, must lay or come from a good blue egg (both size and color)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by