AUGUSTA, MAINE poultry swap/chicken stock saturday March 31st TSC

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by hoppy, Feb 29, 2012.

1. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Our first swap of the year is scheduled for march 31st saturday, Tractor supply company, civic center dr in Augusta, maine. generally swaps for this location will be the last saturday of the month. 8:30-1:00pm. come early, come late but don't miss it! (hint**best selection, is early)
    bring your poultry and poultry related items, farm stuff, seedlings (ok, maybe not seedlings yet), crafts, you name it. goats, horse,cow,pigs and all those farm related items.
    come and buy, talk to the sellers and learn (or teach) in the process.
    for those selling, make sure to bring water for your animals and boxes to send them home in. (also remember to clean up after yourself when you leave, we want to be invited back)
    for those buying, bring boxes, they seem to be hard to come by some weekends and plenty of cash to spend.

so post here what you are bringing and/or what you are looking for.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    I will be bringing orpingtons and wyandotte chicks. day olds if its warm enough otherwise they will be older chicks 8+ weeks.

3. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    Hoppy, do you still have any young males left ? Would I be able to get a few 8+ week old females? I have 2 EE's that I hatched (thanks SCG [​IMG]) that are about 8 or 9 weeks that need some company.

4. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    at the moment(today) I have 2 lavender orps and 1 blue laced orp/wyandotte (that might be a pullet)- these are 6 weeks right now. also have blue laced red wyandottes that are 5 days and I have a new hatch due this saturday of orp, wyandottes and the 2 combined. I pretty much have something hatching every weekend from now until i turn off the bator.I have eggs coming so another 5 weeks more anyway. 6 week old females are mostly lavender orps, 8+ week old 1 barred orp.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  5. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Argh I am working that weekend. Was planning on bringing some female OE chicks to sell and maybe a homemade brooder, but guess I'll be doing the next swap instead.

6. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    mountaintopsilkies reported she will be bringing a few laying hens and silkies

7. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    they are saying 50 degrees tomorrow- great- melt some of this snow- I'm ready for spring to happen.

8. TayFray!

TayFray! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Vienna, Maine
    So happy I will most likely be bringing some cages, possibly some rabbits, and maybe some silkies, not sure if I want to sell them or not. Some poultry waterers! I will mostly be buying at this swap! If I see something that I need to have!

9. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    I guess I will list a bit of what I know I will be bringing even though it's early. few barred rock pullets, lavender orpingtons pullets and cockerals (all sexed), 1 blue partridge silkie hen split to lavender. all birds that I am listing will be 8+ weeks old.

10. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    because uncle henry's won't let me run a 2nd ad for the poultry swap at this location and mention TSC as the location, would someone else be willing to place a free ad with them in the what's happening section? i'd like a 2nd one to go out by monday so it's in for the week closest to the swap.
    if I have someone that would do this just for this swap that would be great. just use your own phone number for the contact number as they have limited mine listing TSC to once/month.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by