1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Aureomycin dosage?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Frizzlett98, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    I just finished a package of tetracycline soluble powder antibiotic and I went to a feed store closer to home looking for more. The package only lasted a week. So the guy at the new feed store we found, didn't have any tetracycline but he did have Aureomycin (I thinks that's what it was). I told him about the respiratory disease I've been trying to get under control (the tetracycline is working) and he gave me a free sample of Aureomycin. I have to go to another feed store 10-15 minutes away for tetracycline but my brother's truck currently is leaking antifreeze so we can't drive it that far. We shouldn't be driving it anyway but it's our only transportation until this weekend. SO, would it be ok to change them from tetracycline to this mediated crumble where the store is only 5 minutes away? And how much would I give to them? They still have at least 1 week of tetracycline to go. Is there a withdrawal time for eggs while using the Aureomycin?

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    From everything I've read about aureomycin, there isnt a withdrawal period.
    http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary...lDrugProducts/FOIADrugSummaries/ucm064719.htm

3. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    Great link! Very helpful. Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by