Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    You know what's funny! I wasn't going to get the converter until I read and screen dumped your advise which I saved until I was certain my flock wasn't diseased and could order the incubator.. This is the newest one they have and there's a screen that shows humidity levels and thermo.. It does advise to still have a thermometer in there which I've got one ready to go..

Everyone's given me such good advise! I couldn't do it without you guys and thanx for being excited! :D no one here gets it and just keep saying it looks like one of my work projects or a space ship hahaha.

2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Don't worry Sydney, you are amongst friends here. I think I remember the word " enabler " being bantied around. :lau

3. SydneyChickens

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Hahahahaha we're all guilty of that! :D

Mum is literally sitting next to me now and I was showing her the pics of your property back on this forum hahahaha she said "my god Daniella you really do love the country and would love a property wouldn't you" Hahahaha poor bugger think she's realising that she might loose her daughter to the country hahaha

4. Zeno

Zeno New Egg

Nov 1, 2013
    Hi there,

I just joined BYC ( here is my intro thread). I have no chickens or even land yet, but am looking forward to the day when I do. In the meantime, I am learning as much as I can in order to be prepared. Nice to see there are so many people I can discuss Australia-specific things with. :)

5. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    :welcome

:welcome

6. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Welcome aboard Zeno!

7. SydneyChickens

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    [​IMG]

WELCOME! This thread has taught me the most invaluable stuff i know! Less than three months ago i was a nervous first time chook owner! Now i'm setting up my incubator ready to hatch, raise and sell HEALTHY chickens to families in Syd! Hope you love it as much as i do!

8. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Ah that's right, you got the flash one that had the screen in the lid. I forgot that. My one had a really old type thermometer, on a plastic sheet, was out by nearly 5 degrees!

Glad you have the power part sorted.

Good luck, we just put a few in ours a day or so ago. We might just have to join a hatch-along!

Welcome to Zeno too.

9. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    lol Fridays are delivery of animals day and shopping eats into most of my day usually :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  10. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Actually speaking of where are folks. Haven't seen Luke on the forum for quite some time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by