Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hi,
Just wondering what product you all feed your chickens?
I use Starter or Grower with natural anticocci med and there is no other choice but layer feed so I have to always use the start/grow with med (I don't feed layer because I have roosters so not to overload them with excess calcium)
So I'm checking if others here use similar feed with the meds and its ok for them to be eating it long term?

Anticocci meds in Seedhouse...
Contains ENTX and Orego-Stim® – natural essential oils that provide effective protection against coccidiosis

Hi,
I use Starter or Grower with natural anticocci med and there is no other choice but layer feed so I have to always use the start/grow with med (I don't feed layer because I have roosters so not to overload them with excess calcium)
So I'm checking if others here use similar feed with the meds and its ok for them to be eating it long term?

Contains ENTX and Orego-Stim® – natural essential oils that provide effective protection against coccidiosis
I only keep hens (a city flock), so it's a different context, but they eat Barastoc's Champion Layer. Seems to keep them healthy.

I only keep hens (a city flock), so it's a different context, but they eat Barastoc's Champion Layer. Seems to keep them healthy.
We feed scratch mix and alternate between layer pellets and golden yolk… and that feeds hens Roos ducks and drakes…. They all seem to be healthy and their feathers shine so that’s always a good sign…. We also alternate the brand and type of scratch mix we use….

We feed scratch mix and alternate between layer pellets and golden yolk… and that feeds hens Roos ducks and drakes…. They all seem to be healthy and their feathers shine so that’s always a good sign…. We also alternate the brand and type of scratch mix we use….

Hey @Poultry mum, what brand scratch are you using? I've tried the AMBOS one and am now using the Grenfell one. Dunno whether the Grenfell one has issues as my hens seems to get digestive issues right about the time I switched to that.

Hi,

Like @Poultry mum, I feed them a combo.. Grenfell Scratch Layer mix and AMBOS Pullet Grower crumbles as I've got a Roo and don't wanna poison him with extra calcium. Note although the Grenfell scratch is stated for layers, there's only 1% calcium. Normal layer feed has 4% if I'm not wrong.

Back
Top Bottom