Australian Spotted Duck Question

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by meggiedoodle, May 26, 2012.

1. meggiedoodle

meggiedoodle Chirping

Aug 12, 2011
    About a month ago, I got four Australian Spotted ducklings from Holderreads. I was wondering, do I have three Blueheads and one Greenhead or are they all Blueheads like Holderread said.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks all! [​IMG]

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I know nothing about this breed, but wanted to check in [​IMG] and say congratulations!

And one does look a little different from the others.

Sweeties!

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Crowing

Dec 22, 2009
    To me it looks like 3 green heads and 1 blue head

4. meggiedoodle

meggiedoodle Chirping

Aug 12, 2011
    Thanks Amiga! [​IMG]
    Kevin565: Really? I thought it was the other way around. The three I thought were blue heads are significantly lighter than the other, and they look like the pictures of the blue heads on Holderread's website. The reason why I am confused about the dark one is because it looks lighter than the green heads on Holderread's website. He said they were all blue heads, so... [​IMG]
    Thanks for replying you guys! [​IMG]

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Crowing

Dec 22, 2009
    Okay I just changed the brightness of my computer and I think your right. The middle one does look darker than the others.

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Crowing

Dec 22, 2009
    You defiantly have a justifiable concern. I would email these pictures to see if they also believe there was a wrong duckling sent. Also, I truly apologize for my completely wrong post. Hope you can get this problem solved!

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  7. meggiedoodle

meggiedoodle Chirping

Aug 12, 2011
    Oh, don't worry about it! [​IMG] They're supposed to be TSQ, so I guess I'll wait and see what happens when they feather out. If it ends up being a green head I'll email then. Thanks Kevin565! [​IMG]

8. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Crowing

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I think there is no way to know for sure what you've got until they get their adult plumage. In the meantime, they are real cuties.

9. Jazkabor

Jazkabor In the Brooder

Hello! How did they turn out? We are thinking about driving down and getting a few TSQ spotted ourselves. Did you show them successfully? Please do share all about it! :):D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: