Australian Spotted hatching eggs for sale...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wb7qni, Apr 4, 2009.

1. wb7qni

wb7qni Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2009
    Friendship, Maine
    Hello to the forum!

We've got a flock of 22 mature Australian Spotteds, originally from Holderread Farm stock. The ducks started laying a month ago, and we are now getting enough fertile eggs to offer some for sale. For anyone interested in incubating and raising these ducklings, we can absolutely attest to their beauty, verve, and liveliness. We got into this over two years ago, and can't imagine a life now without them.

The eggs come mostly from greenheads, but we also have some silver and blueheads laying as well.

The price is $35 per 10+ including shipping (Priority Mail) for eggs laid within the past 48 hours.

We do have a wait list, but the ducks (and drakes) are clearing it every two days, so there should be a solid steady supply through the spring.

If interested, please reply directly to the following email:

[email protected]

Spring regards,

James Li
    Friendship, Maine

2. Bluesilver

Bluesilver Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2008
    Indiana
    Do you have pictures?

3. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
  4. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I've never heard of the spotteds, but they are beautiful birds!

5. wb7qni

Apr 4, 2009
    Friendship, Maine
    I didn't realize that we could upload pictures until recently. We've just updated the page to include more pictures of the adult ducks in action. Australian Spotteds are fairly close to a wild type duck, and are still rare in the duck world. Holderread has nothing but praise for them, stating that they are the hardiest and liveliest of the bantams. We certainly agree.

Please enjoy the pictures.

James Li
    Friendship, Maine

6. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Do you have any trouble with them flying away??? or do you have to keep their wings clipped???
    How loud do they get???
    I want some but live in town and am afraid they would disturb neighbors..
    Oh and how long do they lay

7. wb7qni

Apr 4, 2009
    Friendship, Maine
    Hello Pirtykitty,

We have clipped their primary flight feathers the past two years, for they are fliers. As far as loudness goes, that depends on how many you have. In small groups, they mutter to each other with an occasional quack. In larger groups, they use contact calls and are noisier. Their communications are an interesting mix of mallard and pintail calls, if you have recordings.

They lay longer and more profusely than other bantams, and produce somewhere 50-100 green eggs each during a season, which are quite good for eating as well. (We prefer them to chicken eggs, but don't tell them that.)

James

8. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Hello James,
    And thank you for getting back to me.. No I don't have a recording.. Is there any way you could post a recording of how they sound??? I would love to hear it as would others I'm sure..
    I have 3 black bellied whistling ducks ( spoiled rotten they are), and just love how they sound..
    HOw long will the eggs be available .
    christine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by