1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

australorp colors?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by okto, Mar 3, 2008.

1. okto

okto Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2007
    los angeles
    i've done a little looking and the only color i've seen available is black

an image search on google shows a "blue"

someone tell me, do they come in any other color?

thanks

2. Drgnluver

Drgnluver Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2008
    They also have a White color.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Blue, white, splash and blacks as far as I know. Next year we are going to try to add some Blue Australorps by crossing our Blue Orp roo with Black Australorps to see what we will get.

Someone told me some breeder out in Austrailia is trying to breed Buff Australorps.....he was crossing with Buff Orpingtons with Black Australorps and White Australorps. That was some time ago and the link to that information is long gone.

4. Drgnluver

Drgnluver Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2008
    I have been trying to find a local breeder of the blue australorps but can't seem to find anything but the black ones. Once we move and get a coop put up my daughter wants some Black ones and I want the blue ones.

5. digitS'

digitS' Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    ID/WA border
    I have read that there are White Australorps in Great Britain and Australia. If they have made it here, I'd really like to know where they can be purchased.

A pure white chicken with black eyes must be stunning! And, what a classy contrast with the Blacks!

The UN's Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has reported on "Black Speckled" Australorps in Eastern Europe. I don't know what they mean by that.

Steve

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    probably mottled colors I would assume [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by