Australorp Contest! CLOSED

HorseFeathers

Frazzled
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Southern Maine
Hello, fellow Australorp owners and lovers! Come show off your birds, and perchance win the prize!

Rules
1. Fill out entry form below. (If there is not an entry form to go along with your submission it cannot be counted.)
2. Please post no more than 3 entries, each of a different bird. Maximum of two photos per bird.
3. I am allowing hatchery stock birds in the contest, but please, no mutts.
4. Most importantly, have fun and please be courteous to all other members. Happy posting!

Entry Form
Name:
Category:
Color:
Quick Story/Fact (optional):

Judging
There will be placings 1-3 for Hatchery Hens, Hatchery Roosters, Pure Hens, Pure Roosters, and Chicks. (These are the categories.) There will also be a Best Of Show who will receive our prize.

Judges
1. HorseFeathers
2. Zahboo
3. Chookies Rox
4. meandthechickens
5. Rio_Lindo

Prize
One ChickenSketch to Best of Show.

Example:
Name: Olympia
Hatchery Bird or Purebred?: Hatchery
Category: Hatchery hen
Color: Black
Quick Story/Fact (optional): Olympia is Lead Hen and very sweet. We love her big brown eyes!
8324_olympia.jpg

Last edited:
Name: Alice
Hatchery or Purebred: Hatchery (Ideal)
Fun Fact. Laid her 1st egg on Thanksgiving Day

12944_alice.jpg

heres another shot

12944_001_-_copy.jpg

Last edited:
Entry Form

Name: Mario
Hatchery Bird or Purebred?: As hatchery as they come, from Randel Burkey.
Quick Story/Fact (optional): Mario is my big baby, but at seven months old likes to play the role of big, bad, eight lbs. of romping, stomping romance with ALL the girls. Even the ones that belong to the other boys!
wink.png

15761_img_0650.jpg

Name: Noisy one
Hatchery Bird or Purebred?: Local feed store (hatchery)
Quick Story/Fact (optional): She wakes us up every morning because she can't find her sister, who is in the coop laying her egg. The Noisy one lays her eggs at 3:30pm.

Standard profile pose (the "I <heart> U" pose)
10913_cimg8468.jpg

Here she is every morning on top of her ladder looking into the dining room window wondering when I'm coming out to feed her.
10913_noisyonepeek.jpg

aw I had another photo but I saw the 2 photo limit so I removed it. You'll just have to see it in my BYC page then!
roll.png

enjoy!

Last edited:
Name: Alfalfa
Hatchery Bird or Purebred?: I *think* he was from a breeder, but some of the hens were hatchery stock
Quick Story/Fact (optional):Awesome rooster. Very calm and good with the hens.

BlackAustralorpPrettyPosenew.jpg

Back
Top Bottom