Australorp experts help me sex my chicken,please!!

chickachicka

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
This is the 3rd time I have posted. So forgive me. Now my chicks are older & I thought it may be easier to tell. This chick has always been the biggest of my crew. I only have 4. They will be 13 weeks on Monday. I have also posted in the section what breed or gender is this. Just trying my luck over here too!
34018_img_3161.jpg

34018_img_3163.jpg

I have 4 Australorps, one that is very big. I was worried myself and they all turned out to be girls. I think yours is too!

yep, I'd say girlie! We just went trogh this ourselves. One of our BA's was 1 1/2 times as big as the others so we started to call her Henry. she even walks like a roo. I held out hope though since the feathers were all wrong for a roo, we joked he could dressed in drag.
lau.gif

Well Helen laid an egg. So happy.
D.gif

spelling edit

Last edited:
Thank you all so much. I feel so relieved.
wink.png

I'm learning that all breeds develop different & the BA sure is different from my other gals!

Definitely a pullet. My australorp chicks are 8 weeks and the boys have big beautiful red combs and wattles the girls look like your pullet.

Congratulations.

I agree it's a girl! Just so you get an idea of what a BA boy looks like, here's mine when he was nearly 12 weeks old (yes, he's crowing - he started at 10 weeks!)
125-2553_IMG.JPG

And here's his sister, at the same 12 weeks:
125-2547_IMG.JPG

Back
Top Bottom