Australorp? Jersey Giant? Mix?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bridebeliever, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

I got a day old chick from a neighbor because her hen was rejecting it and my hen had just hated her babies the same day. I put the chick under her and she took it so hooray!
    Anyway, the neighbor didn't know what the chick was, thought it was a mixed or barred rock. It looked just like my Australorp when it was a chick and didn't have a white dot on its head. Well this "little" chick is getting HUGE and the legs are very black (blacker than my
    Australorp) and the bottoms of the feet look yellow. Could this be a Jersey Giant? I figured the neighbor would know if she had one of those or not...or maybe she had hatching eggs and they weren't from her chickens?! Such a mystery.
    Also, could you give a guess on gender? I'm really thinking pullet but it's always good to hear from others.
    It will be 10 weeks old tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry I couldn't get better pictures! Since this chick was hen raised its not too excited about humans picking it up!

2. Bridebeliever

Okay, the silly thing won't let me edit my post...so I'm just say it's not "the same day my hen HATED her chicks but the same day she HATCHED! Stupid auto correct phone!!! Sheees!!

3. Leigti

Leigti Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2015
    Walla Walla WA
    I really don't have a clue. Maybe try to post a picture on the Jersey giant thread and see what they say.

4. Bridebeliever

Thanks. I did some reading on the other threads. It must be a Jersey Giant or a JG mix because of the yellow underside on the feet. My Australorp has white/pinkish underside to her feet.

5. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    No idea on breed.

Looks like a pullet though

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by