Australorp mix?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by patchworksfarm, Jun 13, 2016.

1. patchworksfarm

patchworksfarm New Egg

Jun 13, 2016
    Comanche County, Oklahoma
    I have a "gamey" looking 16 week rooster (I think). He is from the heavy breeds straight run bin at Atwoods. We got three dark chicks to accompany our single chick hatched from a dozen auction show quality buff orpington eggs. He is very fast and flighty, dark legs with bottoms of his feet yellow. Any guesses as to what breed he is?

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 November....... my favorite month Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Could you post a picture of him?

3. patchworksfarm

patchworksfarm New Egg

Jun 13, 2016
    Having techical difficulties uploading from my Android! Sorry! Let me do some troubleshooting. I am new at this so bear with me.

4. patchworksfarm

patchworksfarm New Egg

Jun 13, 2016
    [​IMG]

Got it! Thought I posted it with the first post, but had to resize. He really shines in the sun. I will try to post a second image.

5. patchworksfarm

patchworksfarm New Egg

Jun 13, 2016
    This is him(black one) in the sunshine with what looks to be buff brahmas, the other two of three from Atwoods.

[​IMG]

6. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 November....... my favorite month Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Maybe a black Aseel or Aseel cross.

7. patchworksfarm

patchworksfarm New Egg

Jun 13, 2016
    Wow, I think you are correct! This may not end well if I have buffs and a game rooster! Thank you for helping me. He is beautiful, but I call him El Diablo! He has an intimidating look, but my husband likes him! He is fast moving and roosts as high as he can, compared to the buffs that I can reach down and pick up. They act like they are too heavy to reach their short roost! Ha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by