Australorp pictures please?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sixchickadees, Jul 20, 2011.

1. sixchickadees

sixchickadees Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2011
    Does anybody have pictures of australorps around 4 weeks of age (both pullet and cockerel)? I would like to compare my 4 week old australorp, who we are suspicious about being a rooster. (This is our first australorp, so we don't know exactly what to look for)
    Thanks!!!

2. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    hope somebody posts.

3. BlueEggs4Life

BlueEggs4Life Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2009
    West Michigan
    I don't have a roo but here are some pics of my Black Australorp from chick to hen...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps [​IMG] Do you have a pic of your little one?.. maybe someone can help you out by looking at it. I think its a bit hard to tell at 4 weeks though.

4. BlueEggs4Life

BlueEggs4Life Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2009
    West Michigan
    I was suspicious of mine as a chick as well due to the beautiful green sheen we could see on the feathers... so lays great eggs now though! [​IMG]

5. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Post some pics of your birds here... maybe they can be identified as pullet of roo.

6. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

not the greatest pics but these are of our australorp pullets at 4 weeks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. goldtopper

goldtopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Near Bert Blyleven
    This is Alexis, a 23 week old Austrolorp. She started out with a small whitish comb and now she's just big, beautiful and sweet.

[​IMG]

8. bunrabbit41

bunrabbit41 New Egg

May 9, 2011
    This has suddenly become of interest too me as well as my neighbor suddenly thought he had 5 roosters (7 weeks) rather than 5 hens. He was a little up tight to sayt he least. The picture of the little pullet standing in the pyrex bread tin has the same pointy tail as the 5 next door so apparently at that age, it does not indicat that the bird is a roo. [​IMG]

9. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    First pic, Looks like a pullet... can't tell much from second pic other than; chick on rt looks like a pullet, center chick a roo, chick on left is moving to much , bottom pic looks like a roo to me...

10. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Perfect! I happen to have a few pics of my hen Bobo at 4 weeks [​IMG]

Pullet:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (with a baby Nutmeg whom she addopted)

[​IMG]

Her now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As opposed to a cockerel of about 4 weeks too (unfortunately I have no addult pictures as he sadly died a few weeks later)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helped [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by