Australorp Roo or Hen?

whitenack

Chirping
May 5, 2020
central KY
Hey all, see the pics below. Is the Austrolorp a male or female? Age is 21 weeks. It is supposed to be a female, but I'm not sure it is. Haven't seen it crow, but it is pretty aggressive with the flock and chases the hens (and the roosters) sometimes.

1634986642573.png

1634986673367.png

The Australop is a roosters that much is clear but he’ll take a while to grow a larger comb and longer tail feathers.
Its the one on the top right. I know you meant right - the one on the top left is obvious male.

@whitenack your Australorp is a male!

And appears only one female in your pic (top right), although the two chickens near the Australorp are a little harder to see their feathering clearly in the pics.
Yah my mistake I meant right.

Hey all, see the pics below. Is the Austrolorp a male or female? Age is 21 weeks. It is supposed to be a female, but I'm not sure it is. Haven't seen it crow, but it is pretty aggressive with the flock and chases the hens (and the roosters) sometimes.

View attachment 2875585

View attachment 2875586
The Australop is a rooster that much is clear but he’ll take a while to grow a larger comb and longer tail feathers. Honestly though the only hen in the picture is the one on the top right. The other ones also look like young roosters.

Last edited:
one on the top left.

Its the one on the top right. I know you meant right - the one on the top left is obvious male.

@whitenack your Australorp is a male!

And appears only one female in your pic (top right), although the two chickens near the Australorp are a little harder to see their feathering clearly in the pics.

The Australop is a rooster that much is clear but he’ll take a while to grow a larger comb and longer tail feathers. Honestly though the only hen in the picture is the one on the top right. The other ones also look like young roosters.
Correct. The two Orpingtons in the foreground and the broiler in the back are roosters. The Orpington in the background is a hen.

Back
Top Bottom