Australorp x cockerel located in Victoria, Australia

jonaeselaye

Songster
Nov 3, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hello everyone,

It is with great sadness that we are looking to rehome our beloved cockerel Maya. He is a much loved pet, around 3-4 months old and is very friendly to humans but aggressive to bantams.

We would prefer for him not to be eaten but we understand the reality of rooster rehoming. If do you eat him, we ask that you cull him humanely please.

Located in Altona, VIC, Australia.

maya 2.jpg

I’m glad you are accepting that many roosters do get eaten and not forcing your way around that. I hope you can find a home for him where he in fact doesn’t get eaten! :)

I’m glad you are accepting that many roosters do get eaten and not forcing your way around that. I hope you can find a home for him where he in fact doesn’t get eaten! :)

Thank you.. I get attached to animals very easily but I know that the reality is there is a surplus of unwanted roosters and sanctuaries can't take them all. I'm also not a vegan or even a vegetarian so really I shouldn't be trying to stop anyone from eating him haha :)

Thank you.. I get attached to animals very easily but I know that the reality is there is a surplus of unwanted roosters and sanctuaries can't take them all. I'm also not a vegan or even a vegetarian so really I shouldn't be trying to stop anyone from eating him haha :)
That’s alright. Your concerns are legitimate. I’m glad you understand though because I see so many posts with people saying “Rooster free to a GOOD HOME NO EATING HIM and you have to fill out an adoption form yadda yadda”
When in reality it may not happen.

That’s alright. Your concerns are legitimate. I’m glad you understand though because I see so many posts with people saying “Rooster free to a GOOD HOME NO EATING HIM and you have to fill out an adoption form yadda yadda”
When in reality it may not happen.

Yes I see posts on FB and Gumtree (similar to craiglists) like that all the time. The truth is though, once you hand over an animal to strangers you have no control over what happens. I think I'd prefer for him to be eaten rather than used in cockfighting though. At least if he is killed humanely and eaten he won't have to suffer.

Yes!
And I believe there is nothing wrong with wanting the best for a bird you are attached to. It's as long as you understand and are willing to accept what could happen.

Back
Top Bottom