australorp

I have a 5 1/2 month old Australorp named Raven. She's my first layer. Started last week. She laid her second egg right in front if me. So beautiful to witness. I cried 🥰 They are known to lay a lot of eggs. I think over 250 a year?🤔

She's definitely my baby girl. Always wants to sit on my lap. We were cuddling a little bit this morning in the run because temp -2. I love her and would totally get more Australorps in the future when I get a bigger place.

She is a little bit loud when doing her egg song but I personally don't mind. I just have to monitor it because I live in a urban setting.

she sounds great, i have got 11 hatching eggs in my incubator just today so fingers crossed i get some hatch :fl they will be super friendly because they will have to live in the with us for the first few weeks because its -12 here right now so they wont be leaving the house any time soon, they have got alot off cuddles to come 😆

Aww thats awesome! I got Raven at one week old. She had the cutest mix of white and black feathers as a baby. Now beautiful green +black feathers. Good luck!😁

hello, i am looking for peoples negatives and possessives of owning australorps
I have one Australorp, Annie, and she is the alpha bird in my flock. I would describe her as steady. She doesn't create a lot of drama and just minds her own business. She is not afraid of me and does squat, but she doesn't like to be picked up and doesn't initiate contact. She lays nice large eggs. She has a pretty large comb, but does well in cold weather. She is great ☺️!

I’ve got 4 11 month old australorps. I love them. Beautiful birds. They are my top hens in my mixed flock of 16. They also lay tons of eggs! I normally get 5 eggs from each a week from spring to mid fall. Sometimes they give me more then 1 a day from each of my ladies. They can be very friendly but only on their terms. Always run right up to us asking for treats. Will fallow you around everywhere.

So far they are my favorite breed. They are steady, reliable chickens, super smart and good foragers. Their egg yolks are a little bit darker I think because they forage so much more.

If you're looking for cuddly lap chickens they probably aren't the top breed for that. Mine are super friendly and go everywhere with me in the garden, but don't really want to be picked up and held. That said, they're the best with the kids. They never peck them trying to get attention.

A solid, no-nonsense breed.

Hello, I have 4 Australorps who are about 2 1/2 years old now. They are a remarkable breed. I know that a chickens highest egg-laying peak is about a year, year and a half. Mine are past this and I am still getting an average of 3 eggs per day. I live in Arizona, and it gets pretty hot in the summer. And even though they are black, they tolerate the heat really well! The only thing I would say about them is that they aren't very quiet. They will cluck, and "talk" amongst themselves throughout the day. I personally enjoy hearing them, but if you live in the middle of the city, or if you have neighbors closeby and they don't like the sound of chickens (how could anyone not?), you may want want to consider a quieter breed.

Back
Top Bottom