Australorps or Copper Morans?

HenPenny

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Lewisville tx
I have 2 of each hatch. And of course they mingled. They look almost alike. Anyway to tell real quick which is which? I thought the two with feathered legs would help but I read sometimes morans have clean legs.

Maran have both clean and feathered legs. The French style is feathered, American standard is clean I believe. Anywho, the Aussies have clean legs and yellow feet bottoms.

I can't tell a difference in color in the feet. The older they are getting the more they look alike. When the Australorps were first born they had more yellow fuzz on the tummy. But now they are turning white.

Last edited:
I hatched marans and Oprs at the same time last year.black, blue and splash.
Some marans with clean legs.
I do not remember exactly how long, but I had to wait quite awhile to figure out who was who....
About made myself crazy checking eye color and on and on.
Time took care of the problem..........They eventually showed thier individual qualities.
Good luck
smile.png

I guess time will tell then. LOL These are such hyper active chicks. They are into everything and making all kinds of noise cheeping. They all try to jump into my hands. It's pretty strange to me. I've previously hatch out Ameracaunas, silkies, barred rockes and turkens. They were all so calm,sweet and would spook very easlily. They would barley let me hold them. I like these new guys!

Back
Top Bottom