australorps ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hendersonrph, Jan 28, 2012.

1. hendersonrph

hendersonrph Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2012
    I rencently bought what I thought was a black australorp hen but some one told it wasnt because it feathers on its legs. but its black with the greenish tint on its back. any sugguestion on what it might be????

2. Love my pets

Love my pets New Egg

Jan 28, 2012
    Sounds like it's mixed with a cochen.

3. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    The australorp will be black without feathers on the legs or toes. Should have a single comb with black eyes.

4. berniezahm

berniezahm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008

X 2 , Cochin or possibly some Marams they also have some feathers on their feet and leggs.[​IMG]

5. hendersonrph

hendersonrph Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2012
    hello from central ms again!!!!! so would it lay a brown or white egg?? I have coco murans and buff rocks and americanuans and white barhams and a domoinicer and so kind of game hen dont no how to tell what breed thay are and this black hen. and been geting brown eggs. but got a white one yesterday.which one would it be?????

6. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    Is it all black? becase i have a plane black Austrulorp with a tint of green.

7. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    Black Langshans are a tall black bird with lightly feathered legs. They lay a brown egg and have a single comb.

1 person likes this.
  8. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    All black birds have greenish sheen. Even the black parts of other colors (partridge, penciling) can have sheen. Pics will help a lot. There is NO way of telling what your bird is without pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by