Austria White Chickens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by werttyy, Apr 21, 2011.

1. werttyy

werttyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Chicago
    I might order some Austria White Chickens from my local Farm and Fleet store. Could anyone help me with this breed? PROS AND CONS? Oh, and are they quiet?

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    [​IMG]

3. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    love love austra whites I have a couple pullets they are about a month old now I like them cause the have the benifits of both crosses, leghorns are good layers and so are australorps [​IMG] . they are built like an australorp which i like but kicking colors white but the black comes out in a few areas in the white. And with cockrels australorps are great roos , leghorns are good meat birds at well .. So pretty much you get a awesome bird that has a mulitude of purposes... I have to re take my ones pictures [​IMG]

4. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    oh yes mine are quiet [​IMG]
    here is duchess lol
    [​IMG][/img]

5. cielo

cielo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Mattawa, Washington
    How are they in the winter? I live in Washington State and it gets pretty cold and snowy. Do they have trouble with frostbite? I like the look of them but I'm afraid of getting chickens with the large single combs. I'd appreciate any info about keeping them in colder climates.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by