1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Austrolorpe and Salmon Faverolles eggs wanted in PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wulimomma, Apr 15, 2008.

1. wulimomma

wulimomma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    Help! Every time I think I have a plan, I find I can't pull it off. I am all set to hatch, I just need eggs. I had no idea they were so precious. Maybe y'all should charge more cause they are harder to come by than diamonds, that is for sure! It seems that a small flock is easier to raise than it is to come by, if you you have particular birds in mind. [​IMG] Does anyone have a source for a few Faverolles and Austrolorpe eggs? Maybe Wellsummers instead of the Austrolorpes? Does anyone know anything about this seller and birds - syl1490 on eggbid? I think I may have a Frizzled Cochin breeder with reds and whites and I have ordered Fluffinstuff's Silkies (Hope it helps with the barn!). To complete our family, I just need these two standards. I can't imagine what adoptive parents feel as they wait for what must seem forever and get the run around and mounds of paperwork on top of it all. I can barely contain myself for this!
    Hope someone has answers so they all hatch together!

2. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    When I had Salmon Faverolles I got them from Murray McMurray. They were nice birds.
    Sand Hill Preservation Center has them. If you go to Eggbid they have sources to. There is a bantam size available also.

3. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
  4. wulimomma

Mar 24, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hi Florida Chick, Can I buy just 6? I can Paypal tonight!
    Maybe there is hope after all! If this works for you, I'll be one happy chickie momma.... I'll pay for all of them of do you think that in order to get two hens that I need 15. I don't want to waste eggs and am not sure I can find homes for too many babies. Let me know what you think as well as your paypal info.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  5. starfroggie

starfroggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Walla Walla
    Look up Duane Urch for the salmon faverolles, I think I read somewhere he may sell hatching eggs as well as chicks. Many of his birds are show quality. I have two from him that I adore.

6. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    I just sent you a PM My Paypal is ksohmc@hotmail.com I leave at 5 am for work so please let me know before them so I can take them with me to ship for you. [​IMG] thanks Kari

7. wulimomma

Mar 24, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    Thank you Starfroggie, I e-mailed Duane Urch. My fingers are crossed. And thanks also to Florida chick, I' let you know how they survived their first flight! And Banter, I can't say I have a good reason for not buying from a big hatchery. I may look into Ideal yet. Thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by