1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Auto egg turner jammed?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ohsocrazie, Aug 14, 2010.

1. ohsocrazie

ohsocrazie In the Brooder

Jun 12, 2010
    Beecher, IL
    I bought a new hovabator 1610. I set everything up and placed my button quail eggs in the quail racks. I set it up for a day. The motor ticks and get hot but wont move. I tryed to move it a little to see if it was stuck and the pegg wont move like its jammed. Nothing is in its way blocking it. Is it broke or is there an easy fix? I have to wait till monday to call the company I bought it from to see about a return. By the time the returns all straighted away I wont need it [​IMG].

2. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    unhook the motor and rotate the turner back and forth at least 3 times a day. sounds like you have a bad motor it happens. buy a extra one to keep on hand should it happen again

3. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    sometimes the little pin beside the turner will get out of alignment. The stopper they put on the turner can actually keep the pin from staying in place and rotating the trays like it's supposed to. I'd check that piece to make sure it's in place properly.

4. ohsocrazie

ohsocrazie In the Brooder

Jun 12, 2010
    Beecher, IL
    yeah its a bad motor. Just my luck. Thanks everyone

5. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:you can buy just the replacement motor. But don't get it from the company - shop around you can find a deal and it's an easy fix. I bought one from eggcartons.com

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    ... but the company can usually next day air it if you are willing to pay the price....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: