Auto egg turner motor

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 5acrehome, Aug 1, 2010.

1. 5acrehome

5acrehome Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    I have gone out and brought home an old fridge which is gutted and in the prepping stages for making a incubator box out of it. I like the rack systems I have been seeing people build with the tray hangers in side the main cavity the only thing I haven't found a solution for is the motor and timers to switch on and off the system. I have been trying to make the entire setup with just gas money and abit of problem solving/scrapping. What would you think of using a worm drive system to move the egg racks up and down powered with a harvested Craftsman cordless drill as the motor. Set the shaft on the drill motor and adjust the angles for start and stop using two different timer switches to reverse the polarity on the drills motor. Still trying to work this out if anyone has some ideas that would be great. I have seen a few youtube videos of people powering bikes with screwguns so I figure why not a egg turner.

2. nook addict

nook addict Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2010
    At B&N
    Sorry, I'm not good with stuff like that.

Good luck, though! [​IMG]

3. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Bar-B-Q Rotisserie motor turns fairly slow and is mains power instead of batteries

4. 5acrehome

5acrehome Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    I think you have misunderstood what I intend to do I will be taking the motor out of the drill and wiring it to a power source. I can get the drill's fairly easy the rotisserie would cost me cash from a craigslisting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by