1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

auto feeder

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by myfarm4579, Aug 2, 2014.

1. myfarm4579

myfarm4579 Chirping

Jun 28, 2014
    I thought I share that I use my auto game feeder on a timer that goes off an hour or so before their bedtime that is filled with some scratch feed. Fun to watch when the timer goes off. No matter were they are on property its like noisy chicken free for all:) anyone else try this?

2. Smart! Very smart. I like the idea.

What do you during hunting season though? ;)

Wish ya the best.

3. myfarm4579

myfarm4579 Chirping

Jun 28, 2014
    I leave that one out till winter. I have another one for hunting season:) doesn't take long for the chickens to learn when it's snack time:) lol

4. Catman58

Catman58 In the Brooder

Mar 8, 2014
    Oklahoma
    I have 2 1/2 two of that is fenced in. My chickens ,ducks and turkey all free range within that. I have also been thinking of using a auto game feeder to feed. Out side of your post I don't see much info on the idea. Do use it to for your main feeding process. That is were I'm leaning toward. Any info would be great!

5. Catman58

Catman58 In the Brooder

Mar 8, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Hello new here!
    Looking for info on using a automatic game feeder to feed my chicken ,ducks and 5 turkey's. Looking for the pros and cons.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by