Auto feeder

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by oceanpatriot, Aug 18, 2014.

1. oceanpatriot

oceanpatriot New Egg

Aug 16, 2014
    [​IMG]

After researching various auto feeding systems I decided to try this one out. It took a few failed attempts but I think this fits the bill. The bucket is mounted at an angle so the feed flows down to the access holes. Mounted 3" off ground. It is fed with 2" PVC with a 3" pouring spout. I figured why not add a window to monitor the feed level. I will be redesigning this when time and funds allow. I would like to increase the window size and move it lower to keep fresher feed closer to the bucket, as well as raise it up to the height of the growing chickens. It keep the feed dry during a recent HEAVY downpour here.

2. chickwatcher1

chickwatcher1 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2014
    [​IMG] my first attempt at making a feeder. Cut bottom off, snip six cuts up the side and draw in each at the bottom 1 to 1 1/4" and bolt the overlap to make a funnel. 12" round board up top (hidden) with a fill door, and moms decrative plate for a stand on top, to keep poo from dropping over the edge into the food.

3. chickwatcher1

chickwatcher1 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by