Auto Turkey Door

Beccatrix

Songster
Nov 28, 2021
Wisconsin
I ordered an Omelet door for my chicken coop, but realized I'm going to need something larger for the duck/goose shed and the turkey run. Any suggestions for an automatic? The Ardor2 manufacturer said he wasn't sure about the adult Sweetgrass toms.

I ordered an Omelet door for my chicken coop, but realized I'm going to need something larger for the duck/goose shed and the turkey run. Any suggestions for an automatic? The Ardor2 manufacturer said he wasn't sure about the adult Sweetgrass toms.
Not sure if your turkeys will put themselves to bed at Nite in a coop so not sure an Auto door would be useful. My Heritage turkeys do not like to sleep in a coop and definitely won't go into one at Nite on their own they like to roost outside in open. I do have some covered roosts, but biggest issue is protected from winds.

Not sure if your turkeys will put themselves to bed at Nite in a coop so not sure an Auto door would be useful. My Heritage turkeys do not like to sleep in a coop and definitely won't go into one at Nite on their own they like to roost outside in open. I do have some covered roosts, but biggest issue is protected from winds.
We do have a larger, old shed on property that needs to be redone. We were also discussing cleaning it out so they had a dry, snow, wind free area, and maybe a "vacation run" when we're traveling. Actually redoing the shed next year is on the docket. We have 13.5 wooded acres for them to free range on, with half surrounded by marsh and half corn field, and the road is a ways away. I'm trying to make peace with predation and wandering. I had planned on Narragansett initially, hoping the darker coloring would help a bit, but we weren't able to get any this year.

Back
Top Bottom