Auto turners or hand

dustponds10

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Rigby, Id
Well I am sure that there are a ton of these questions but I am wondering how many of you like to use auto turners and how many of you like to turn them by hand. If you turn them by hand how many times a day do you turn them? Thanks for all your help and it will help me out with my incubation problem. Thanks all

auto turners are nice, but i just hatched 13 out of 15 turning by hand 2 times a day in my homemade incubator, but auto turners are the way to go.

I like auto turners much better. I have 2 bators, one has a turner the other doesn't. I hate having to remember to turn eggs, plus I have to open the bator and let all the humidity out 3 x's a day.

I do both. I have 2 bators with turners and I have 2 that I have to hand turn. If you have the time hand turning does just fine. I try to do 3 times a day. Morning around 8, afternoon around 2 or so and right before bedtime at 11. Sometimes I can't turn 3 times and they hatch out without problems.

I don't have an auto turner so I just turn by hand. I open the 'bator and talk to them softly while I'm turning. I think they already know me when they hatch! (Well, maybe) I turn them 3 to 5 times a day; usually 3 during the week when I'm at work and about 5 on the weekends. Nobody's been stuck or squished so far...

Back
Top Bottom